Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a super excited new owner of what I am being told is a 2017 (vin) Bonneville T120 Black due to arrive in July. I have already done a majority of my research and purchased many accessories for her but wonder if anyone has mounted the Triumph Phone Holder Kit that is advertised in the brochure? I have a iPhone 6s Plus and am wondering which one will accommodate it? Also if anyone has any better ideas for a mounting system I am open to suggestions. My sole purpose will be mostly for phone calls and as a navigation aide through a helmet bluetooth set. Thank you any and all help here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm a newbie so takes this for what it's worth. I do not want my phone to distract me so having it on my handlebars is not an option. I bought a Sena 20S Bluetooth device that hooks to the helmet. The speakers you mount in your helmet are not loud enough but it has a jack that you can connect earbuds. On long rides I listen to Pandora and directions will interrupt the music to guide you on the ride. It also allows you to take phone calls but I do not take or make calls when I ride. I absolutely love this setup.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ram Xgrip . I tour on my bonnie and this is the most versatile mount with different arm lengths available and a wide range of adjustment and it removes very easily and other accessories can be mounted to the ball . I have two balls mounted on my bars .

·
Registered
69 Posts
I keep my phone in a pocket or saddle bag, a little nervous about trying to use it while riding (Bluetooth helmet is illegal in MA anyway)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I keep my phone in a pocket or saddle bag, a little nervous about trying to use it while riding (Bluetooth helmet is illegal in MA anyway)
Helmet speakers are legal for navigational use in MA. Just not 2 earbuds. Sooo if you want music also have your nav on lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a Quadlock. I'm not aware of all the options out there regarding phone holders but I highly recommend this one. It works excellent.

Video Review of Quadlock Phone Holder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovqvJZ_tA0

I had a quadlock a few years ago - great system! Thanks for posting the video I've been concerned about that modified dogbone being in the way of any solution - score!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts