Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have been playing with this camera i got for Christmas from my girlfriend.
Its a lot of fun. This is a ride from my home to Nevada City Ca. Can you believe this is January! Turn your speakers up.
The Music is my Brothers band from the UK. Medicine hat.
Hope you like it.
All the best John.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBostUiNRlY

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Medicine Hat:confused:: Demi Buckley, John DiNunzio, Tara Rich, Todd Hackl, that Medicine hat? Just curious! What kind of camera did you get and how did you mount it?

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:
Hi
I got the go pro hero camera. It was mounted on the tank right next to the filler cap with the suction cup mount.
Sorry you did not like the music. I have not heard of those other artists, but what do i know. I plan on posting some more videos of some nice rides soon.
All the best John.
Here is tthe link.
http://shop.helmetcameracentral.com/all-helmet-cameras/brand/gopro/?gclid=CL7Fp4L4m5gCFRwpawodQ0eY3A

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the contrary, I really liked the music and the video! I was just wondering if this was the Medicine Hat Band you were refering too.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:
Hi Skull crusher
Sorry i misunderstood you.
My brothers band is Medicine Hat out of the UK.
Mark the lead guitar player is my brother.http://www.hobarts.co.uk/medhat/home.htm
It was funnt i just went for a ride to test the camera at night. After about 4 minutes the bloody thing fell off the tank! Luckily the car behind did not run over it.
I will post that one.
All the best John.

·
Registered
103 Posts
cool vid
Now put on some nobby tires and go off road on this! Iwanna see a vid of you hopping over dunes!! :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
After about 4 minutes the bloody thing fell off the tank!
did it fall off due to poor design of the suction cup mount, or just wasn't secured properly? i've been eyeing a camera setup for some time now, would like to know your thoughts on this one.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did it fall off due to poor design of the suction cup mount, or just wasn't secured properly? i've been eyeing a camera setup for some time now, would like to know your thoughts on this one.
Hi
It fell off because i did not fix it on properly.
I have ridden a lot further with it with no problems. The suction cup (when properly attached) is very strong. On a flat clean surface you can't pull it off with your hand.
It came with varying attachments to attach it to different curved and flat surfaces helmet mudguard etc. I'm looking forward to trying on my dirt bike.
The housing is very strong and waterproof to 100 feet. The camera was undamaged when it fell off the other night at 45 mph.
There are different modes such as video and still picture, also it can be set to take a picture every 2 or 5 seconds.
It can take a 2 gig sd card which will give 1 hour of video.
The camera itself is so small and light, so it should not be a bother on a helmet.
As far as video quality you can see it's pretty good a little pixely when veiwed on a large screen but anything better would be a lot more money. Overall it is a lot of fun to be able to film those good rides.
Hope this helps all the best John.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts