Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Meh.

I alwyas thought the TBS did a much better job of the retro/modern look than the thrux. The thrux is more of a platform for making a truly retro looking bike IMO.

TBSstunta's bike looks a lot better.

[ This message was edited by: Fast_Fashion on 2006-12-10 19:03 ]

· Registered
205 Posts
Hate to dig up an old thread, but I just stumbled upon this one and I have a little bit of information on the bike. From an email that I received from Sean Hicks, including the requested larger photo scans:
It is a thruxton with

Ohlins front and rear suspension
994 big bore kit
Cams, 39mm carbs,head work and more in motor
Our mag wheels with 180 rear tire
Custom seat, signals, bar kits,

Too much to list, we also have our bike (silver one) that’s got around 100/103 hp to rear also as well

· Registered
1,251 Posts
I sure would like to know what front-end conversion that is! That is exactly what I have been wanting to do to mine. I looked at the 675 front-end, they are 41mm according to specs. But they were too fat where the clamps would bolt up to. That is one sharp fuqing bike bro.

Nothing like having a bike with 1.2 liters along with a USD front suspension.

Greg :-D

· Registered
622 Posts
On 2007-04-28 01:24, bonnieblackinfl wrote:
I sure would like to know what front-end conversion that is! That is exactly what I have been wanting to do to mine. I looked at the 675 front-end, they are 41mm according to specs. But they were too fat where the clamps would bolt up to. That is one sharp fuqing bike bro.

Nothing like having a bike with 1.2 liters along with a USD front suspension.

Greg :-D
Any upside down forks are wider at the top., the 41 mm refers to the bottom of the forks.
In the Thruxton above, those are 43mm UD Ohlins, at the top trees diameter is about 50mm.(BTW That Thruxton had been done more than a year ago.

[ This message was edited by: Bonnie1000th on 2007-04-28 02:17 ]

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.