Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there fellas
My name is Adrian Packett and I worked as a tech for Triumph for 12 years and back in the day replaced various ECM's on 595's/955i etc what were corrupted by varoius non OEM software[tuneboy being one of them,]
Nowadays I have my own service shop and Have been using the Actia tool for the last 15 years .
Since Triumph went to PC diagnostic software a couple of years ago I have been trying to get it working on my Laptop.
I have the OEM Triumph software installed and it works fine with the Triumph cable at the shop.
Unfortuatly as far as I am aware the only way to get this cable is to buy the whole kit and its pretty much a thousand bucks but is very relilable and can be updated when Triumph releases the new upgrades if you have access to triumphonline.
As I work professionally on modern Triumphs for myself I dont want to take the risk of causing ECM glitchs on customers bikes.

My question is does anybody Know if this ebay cable will run with the Genuine Triumph software and if so is there differnet variations with cables drivers etc?

Man I wish I was smarter with computaters!!

Thanks a lot

Adrian

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mac
Thanks for the reply , thats what I thought, I have tuneboy also and my mates a software engineer and he could not get it to work with the Triumph diagnostic software. I just got tired of tuneboy not recognizing the bike and all the various hiccups and errors etc, that stuff eats your days up pretty fast !!

Does anyone know if there is a cable/drivers available to get this Triumph software working?I have tried ordering the cable available serpreatly from the Triumph tool page but it comes with a round fitting on the end instead of the oblong one?

The reason I want to get it up and running is I have a Bonne EFI at my shop with problems and I was interested in the autoscan feature on the Triumph software.
Is there a autoscan feature on the TuneECU?

Adrian

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello again mac
Do you work at a shop or dealership and have access to triumph online by any chance?
Do you use the autoscan much and if so has it ever helped you out?

Adrian

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello again fellas
Just a quick follow up , I have the tune ecu up and running at my shop and have used it a few times, I have tried to get the Ebay cable working with the OEM software and no joy.
The one thing that I came accros and was wondering if any body has any explanation on is that TuneECM gives me a different reading on certain things that mY ACTIA Tool. map reading are different, ie when sycnronizing T boddys I get say 300hpm on the ACTIA and the same bike will read 420 on Tune ECM,
I did have to buy a bloody USB extention cable as that Ebay cable is only a 3 feet long[of course!] and I cant work on the bike very well with a Laptop in one hand and a tool in the the
other ........thoughts anyone?

Adrian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts