Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there just picked up a '00 TT600 as my first big bike and so far i love it, but im not getting on that well with the fuel injection, it feels very glitchy, ive heard this complaint bout em before but was wondering if there were any fixes for it. also at some point id like to get a Road Legal exhaust system and was wondering wat systems work best with the triumph 'sports' tune? cheers

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi Pancho & welcome.

Apparently the early TT can be a bit sensitive at the bottom end. Some of it can be dialled out by getting the dealer to load a FI map (called a 'tune') from a later model and careful setting of the idle CO.
You can load tunes, create your own and a whole lot more with a piece of kit called Tuneboy
Tuneboy main site
Tuneboy UK
The other option is a power-commander.

Other members with TT experience who post here will be able to give you more detailed advice about best tunes for the '00 TT. Also try the search function as there will be previous chats about it.

Enjoy the ride and post some pics!

·
Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Things to check- what map is in it? If it has an updated map, that helps. If you put the 2002 and later map into it, that helps more. Make sure the throttle bodies are synched. That can cause poor running, as can a too lean setting for the CO. If all that doesn't make it work like you think it should, then check the IAC valve and stepper motor. Those were ongoing problems five years ago, but most have been fixed. If your bike has very low mileage, then maybe it hasn't.

After all that, there will still be a bit of throttle snatchiness. It is fuel injected, and every fuel injected bike I have ever ridden has a bit of that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a 2000 model, with 4000 miles on the clock and as far as i know it has the latest tune in it, and the idle CO has recently been checked, but i'll hook it up to the actia as soon as poss. i noticed the throttle cable had quite alot of play too so i'll take that out. i'm really gutted the weather is so *****/dark. im gagging to go and learn to ride it well, it feels like its got so much to give. its also got Metz Renntec sports tyres on which dont feel too ideal for wet weather

·
Registered
603 Posts
Pancho - be careful when taking the slack out of the throttle cable. You need some slack as it will get taken up then you turn the bars. If there is not enough slack then when you turn the bars the bike will accelerate....... :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts