Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Such a glorious sound.

You mention the the US “only” getting the ‘18 model for two years. Is that a bad thing? More updates, the better, right?

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Such a glorious sound.

You mention the the US “only” getting the ‘18 model for two years. Is that a bad thing? More updates, the better, right?
I'm going to assume updates will be minimal and this is more about trying to stoke customer enthusiasm.

Although...there were rumors of 3/4 faired touring version during development of the original 765, I wonder if that might really happen this time. If so, I might be interested.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Such a glorious sound.

I'm going to assume updates will be minimal and this is more about trying to stoke customer enthusiasm.

Although...there were rumors of 3/4 faired touring version during development of the original 765, I wonder if that might really happen this time. If so, I might be interested.
True. I think the main reason for the update is to comply with Euro 5 emissions standards. It’ll be interesting to see how much cost that adds.

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
True. I think the main reason for the update is to comply with Euro 5 emissions standards. It’ll be interesting to see how much cost that adds.
Oh. I forgot about Euro 5. That would just about mean they'd have to call it a new model for certification, I think.

·
Registered
501 Posts
From what I read, 2 cat converters and little heavier. Not a fan.

I would be SO HAPPY with a current RS with fairings and clip ons.... no need for a Daytona (and it’s price.)

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
From what I read, 2 cat converters and little heavier. Not a fan.

I would be SO HAPPY with a current RS with fairings and clip ons.... no need for a Daytona (and it’s price.)
Isn't a Daytona just a Street with fairings and clip-ons?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Isn't a Daytona just a Street with fairings and clip-ons?
Different cams, more HP, higher Redline, brakes, suspension, and whatever else. I don’t need all that, especially for 5k more. :laugh2:

Take an RS, put fairings and Clipons, flatter seat, that’s it.

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Different cams, more HP, higher Redline, brakes, suspension, and whatever else. I don’t need all that, especially for 5k more. :laugh2:

Take an RS, put fairings and Clipons, flatter seat, that’s it.
I guess I should have thrown an "essentially" in there. ;)

Reactions: Evangelos K

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The new Daytona 765 looks amazing but they cannot be had for love nor money, especially here. Probably a good thing... I do hope they make a non limited run version though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The limited daytona 765 run being $20k is ALMOST unreal. It's liter bike territory! I have an '18 STRS and LOVE the motor, but I can't justify forking out that much for a 127hp bike, no matter how awesome the extras.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The limited daytona 765 run being $20k is ALMOST unreal. It's liter bike territory! I have an '18 STRS and LOVE the motor, but I can't justify forking out that much for a 127hp bike, no matter how awesome the extras.
No matter “Moto2” inspired or not... I can get a brand new 2019 Zx-10R KRT ABS for 13K. Yep. Make that 12.4K for a black one (nah). That is an outstanding price. Take a look at the specs of that bike, it is more SBK and track ready than a Daytona is Moto2 ready. IMU, piggy bank front forks, top shelf suspension, up/down quick shifter, 200HP. Heck, for still cheaper than the Daytona price the SE version has electronic on the fly real time adjusting suspension. And manufacture DIY OEM racing parts readily available and supported, ECU, harness, programmer. And then there is the RR version at 23K that can be had for Daytona price.

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Perhaps. But those bikes also have one too many cylinders. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
All true Evanglos K but the Daytona is “Limited edition”
I don’t see that on the ZX!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least to date it does appear to be truly limited. Usually, when vehicle manufacturers produce "limited editions" they are only limited to how many they can sell.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts