Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a Newham jacket online and I was wondeing if their are true to their size. My chest measures 45 and I would like to know if I should go to a 46 instead of a 44. Does the sizing also works the same for the leathers? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i wear a size xl tshirt and a size 48 fits me perfect. hope this helps. i alloways say go bigger than smaller. to bit it fits. to small it dosnt

·
Registered
648 Posts
Brits must be shaped differently than Americans 'cause I spent another $200. to have my $400. Triumph leather jacket altered to fit. It's a great jacket now but, it should be for $600.00 :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brits must be shaped differently than Americans 'cause I spent another $200. to have my $400. Triumph leather jacket altered to fit. It's a great jacket now but, it should be for $600.00 :cool:

Why did you have it altered?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Why did you have it altered?
Because it didn't fit.
It was too large in several areas and required altering and when I tried on the next size smaller it was too small in some areas so the only way to get a proper fit was to purchase the larger size and have it tailored to fit.
My tailor said this is very common with garments made in Europe because Americans are proportioned differently.

·
Registered
123 Posts
triumph clothing tends to run small, in my experience. I have the Integra jacket in a 52, and I wear a 48 suit jacket...

before ordering online, I would definitely recommend going to the triumph dealer and trying them on to get the right fit..

·
Registered
648 Posts
... triumph clothing tends to run small, in my experience...
That's also true of ladies Triumph clothing as well. I bought my wife a leather jacket that proved to be 2 sizes too small. My wife is not large (fat) either and we had to exchange it for one that fit. The quality of Triumph leather jackets is superb though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a Triumph Raptor Jacket. I wear and xl in most all jackets, I bought a 46, it was pretty tight but fit.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I just tried on a new Stockwell.
With a 40" chest, a size 44 was snug and a 46 fit, but maybe a couple pounds off the belly might help, but no way would a size 40 be even close.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In my opinion, I don't think it's a good idea to buy Triumph jackets online. I went to my dealer's open house last year with the intention of buying a new jacket, but I couldn't find ~any~ that fit me right. That jackets with the correct chest and sleeve length, had uncomfortably tight collars; ones with comfortable collars, were generally too large otherwise. I was disapointed, because there were a few that I really liked. You ~might~ get lucky, but I don't think you can count on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
could anyone help me with sizing a Newham jacket

Hi Matt.
I was looking at several posts recently talking about sizing the Triumph Newham jacket. I'm going to buy one online and I really want to make sure I get the sizing right. Can anyone help me out. mattfisher says in his post , that he wears an xl shirt and that the size 48 Newham fits well. I usually wear an XL shirt as well and have a 43 inch chest and wear a size 38 in jeans. If anyone else out there has similar measurements and has a Newham, could you tell me what size you got and how it fits. That should give me a fairly good idea of the size I should get.
I would really appreciate it if you can help me out.
Regards
Peter

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I had to go two sizes up, the size I usually wear, 44 was too tight, I ended up with a 48, I wanted some extra room for California winter riding, as I can wear a down vest under it. It seems like it will be OK for summer riding. Yes they run on the small side, glad I didn't purchase the one I saw on ebay, a size 44 which is my normal size. Go to the dealer and size them up. Try it on with whatever you might wear under it for extra warmth! A little extra room never hurts!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 6'2", about 215lbs.
38 pants, XL shirts (some L).
46 suit jacket.

I had to get a 48 Lennox jacket. The 46 wasn't even close. I'm looking at a James Dean now and have to go with a 50... One size up from the Lennox. Had I ordered it online I woulda been screwed with a 48.

The Lennox fits tight in the shoulders and chest, looser on the belly. (kinda the same with the James Dean, but then again, had to go one size up).
Here's the Lennox (only T-shirt under):

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Off topic, that exhaust looks really good. I bet it sounds good as well! I wish Arrow still made slip-on's for the 955's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts