Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see last weeks MCN, photo of a prototype Triumph Hurricane hyper bike. Looks like the plan is to detune it and use it as a big sports tourer for 2008.

·
Registered
23 Posts
But if you read artical it suggests that they are also looking at doing a 1050 superbike as well and due alot sooner than the Hurricane, now thats going to be good.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It's not a new bike. It seems to be the prototype they canceled so it's a 4 cylinder. Maybe they are considering resurrecting it as the 1400 Kawasaki seems to be getting a lot of press. Some say they can't afford to build it, but if all the prototype work was already completed it would seem to me that most of the costs have already been incurred. And they must have had to absorb them already. Now I can see them not wanting to take the work force away from better selling models if they don't have the manpower.

More Rumors

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
If it is a "big" sports touring bike, what becomes of the very capable Sprint? One thing I have learned at these links in the past is Triumph will not compete against itself with conflicting products. While it is good to see the spec and technical expertise of the Asian bikes, I hope Triumph sticks to its own product line and address any marketing weaknesses there may be. As an owner of two of their bikes, I certainly hope there is not an issue of making money. No one would love to see a return of such great marque names as Trophy or Hurricane more than I would, but these new models would have to sell. We have yet to see Concours 1400's flooding the market. That market segment is very narrow and Concours buyers tend to be EXTREMELY price wary. I hope Triumph adds some punch to the entry level sport/touring market and cruiser lines t help keep money in the bank. I hope the newest sport bike is a big bore triple Daytona, with stock and "R" packages for under 15k. Though Triumphs new brakes and suspensions areamong the best on the market and have been since the TT600. It never hurts to dream during the winter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The hurricane that they have mentioned in a weekly paper, Motorcycle news, is the same project that was scraped a couple of years ago and the article says that Triumph are putting a lot of its R&D money into this project now with a date of late 2008 for it to make a showing at a bike show. But I do agree that they should build a large sports bike in the form of a 1050 Daytona and not to go for the giant sports-tourer crown............. Better still do both bikes.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Here's the latest updated spy photo of the latest Triumph Hurricane prototype being wheeled out of the break room at the Triumph plant.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Charlie-sorry about that. It's showing up on myRAT page. It's a picture of a mid 70's Hurricane triple with fan triple mufflers. I guess a blank picture may be showing what the big one will really look like. I'll try it again here.

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2006-12-09 13:52 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts