Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought myself a 2006 955i previously had a Speed four.
Although I wasn't intending on adding any aftermarket items I was wondering what your opinions are of the Triumph high level carbon can.
I understand I would lose the rear peg??
Whats the quality like??
I have read I can expect around 10bhp increase?? is this true and is this with a re-tune and if so is the dealer aftermarket map any good??
thanks in advance. :upthumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Lowey
I have a standard carbon race can (Triumph) on my 06 Daytona so can't comment on the rear pegs. I have just had a re-map at my local dealers after riding it without any re-tune for a few months - what a difference !!!! My dealer claimed I should see a 10% power increase at the crank - havent had it dyno'd and can't confirm the power hike but it definately feels a lot more responsive and gets up the revs a lot quicker that's for sure. And the best bit - it still pops and burbles on closed throttle with a superbly smooth throttle response. Well recommended.

Si

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hey LOWEY, good to see you showing singleminded effort to keep your 955 standard

Posted: 2006-11-16 15:37
It already has a hugger so thats one thing I wont have to buy.
I have decided im not going to do alot to it once I get it. As you say a double bubble screen maybe but not to the extent as i have done with the S4. I just want to ride it for now.

DD, Dave.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
LOWEY, I think ten HP would be a possible, but not probable gain...ten percent? Nope. Generally gains are in the 5-8 HP range. Benefit is mainly in the driveability of the TOR tune (10179 or 10181).

The Triumph carbon cans are the stainless cans with a carbon blanket. They're a bit heavy, but very well made. AK955 (forum member) whittled up a setup so his high mount TOR would work with the passenger pegs, do a search for his posts.

Brad

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys, I have gone ahead and ordered the exhaust :-D
Dave its just addictive mate :razz:
I just cant help myself, I said from the beginning I would not modify it but not having even picked the bike up from the dealer yet and I've bought myself a can :-D
The dealer who i bought the can from has quoted a half hours labour charge to re-map once fitted. does this sound about right :???:
Thanks again for your opinions :upthumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
SkyKing (as well as a few other places, probably) sell a set of spacers for not much cash; so, you can still use your stock passenger pegs with the high-level can.

M

·
0 Posts
Yes mate - you need a map - I have one on mine and you can see the pics on the "show us yours" thread. You have to have a new hanger, so you lose the back pegs - but its all good as it looks :cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess what??
Delivery guy turned up today with a parcel, I opened it up and instead of a high level carbon can its a low level. :(

Quickly rang the dealer who apologised for their mistake but tells me in fact their is not a high level can available for my bike :???:

I said to him, but Triumph catalogue states there is and if you had ordered that part number That is what I should have received. but he was having none of it just kept saying they work off a computer system and thats the only part number listed for a silencer and unfortunately its only the low level :hammer:

All he could advise me to do is send it back and I would get a full refund.
I got an extremely good deal on the can :razz: as I try to get on the majority of things I buy, and im thinking the sales guy originally made a huge mistake and that the manager who I spoke to today just wants to cut his losses, get the can back and sell it again to someone else at a higher price. :???:
I could be wrong!! but he didn't even ask if I would be happy with the low level, just told me to send it straight back for a refund :evil:

Now have the weekend to decide whether to keep the low level or send it back. Trouble is I dont think I'll get another good deal on the next can I buy, but can I live with the low level after loving the looks of the high level?? :???: :razz:

M

·
0 Posts
I think the guy who I bought mine from paid 399gbp including new bracket, fitting and re-mapping ecu etc.

If you need to know where Ican let you know - it might sound pricey - but at least you know it will be done right!
In my humble opinion, I wouldn,t even bother with lo level - no offence intended for anyone :razz:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles!

Sounds like you should find another dealer! One that would at least remap for free.

Good memory, Brad!

You can retain the passenger pegs by doin nothin but getting longer bolts. I shaved down my pipe hanger and passenger peg enough to ALMOST get it back to stock width.

I think my Triumph cf high is about 8lbs lighter than stock. I'm a weight fanatic. It does sound awesome when you're getting on it out on the hwy! Very nice bark!

Never have had it dyno'd so no numbers for you. Sorry.

Aint she purdy?

For you sharp eyed, those are front signals that I moved to the rear as they're more inboard. And I trimmed my fender.

I also trimmed off the pipe hanger part of the pillion peg as it allowed her to turn her heel more inward for greater comfort. The cf doesn't get hot enough to be an issue. Good luck. Mark H.

[ This message was edited by: AK955 on 2006-11-26 05:33 ]

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys, :upthumb:

I have ended up keeping the low level :)

The dealer offered to refund the cost of getting it re-mapped so all in all I got a very good deal :-D

Its not the high level that I wanted :( but its a quality item that will unleash a few more BHP :razz: And the price I eventually paid for it was another bargain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts