Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Tigeree's

Black Friday around the corner and I'm trying to talk myself out of a Givi Monokey Cases. Currently, my Tiger is setup with the Triumph Top Case (Eww!) and I don't like it at all. I think the there's too much plastic which reduces the space inside.

I'm having a hard time deciding (and finding pictures) of the Givi Monokey Cases in 42L and 58L... Share me yours! Tell me the good, the bad, and anything else I should know!

·
Registered
830 Posts
i've just had a givi case fitted to mine and it seems pretty good. Don't know the capacity, but a full face helmet fits inside. (it was fitted after my old one got busted up in an accident, so I had nothing to do with choosing it)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the Trekker 52L, and I really like it. The black with aluminum panels matches the stock Triumph side cases well. There is a TON of room inside. 2 full facers will fit with room for gloves, liners, etc...
The thing I do not like... It is heavy. But it is sturdy as hell too.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My 2016 XCx came with the promotional (3) piece Triumph branded (Givi) Expedition luggage/mounting hardware. The top case is a smallish 42L. I also have a Givi 56L that I use in its place. IF you have the Triumph branded (Givi) top case mount, you'll need to relocate the two forward top case mount posts back approx 1/4". To keep them proprietary, Triumph changed the mount position a bit. Very easy, 5 minute job. FYI..

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 2016 XCx came with the promotional (3) piece Triumph branded (Givi) Expedition luggage/mounting hardware. The top case is a smallish 42L. I also have a Givi 56L that I use in its place. IF you have the Triumph branded (Givi) top case mount, you'll need to relocate the two forward top case mount posts back approx 1/4". To keep them proprietary, Triumph changed the mount position a bit. Very easy, 5 minute job. FYI..

Troop - adapting my promotional Triumph top box rack for use with an existing Givi V47 top box is exactly what I’m looking to do.

My bike is gone for winter storage, so I can’t take a look - were you able to move the mounting pegs to existing holes in the Triumph rack, or did you have to drill holes yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Troop - adapting my promotional Triumph top box rack for use with an existing Givi V47 top box is exactly what I’m looking to do.

My bike is gone for winter storage, so I can’t take a look - were you able to move the mounting pegs to existing holes in the Triumph rack, or did you have to drill holes yourself?

And I think I’m going to answer my own question and say you did have to drill new mounting peg holes. (I’m at work looking at the photos on a phone during conference calls.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yup, drilled new holes. I only use the 56L for trips. Takes but a minute to swap posts to OEM holes for the 42L Triumph case.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yup, drilled new holes. I only use the 56L for trips. Takes but a minute to swap posts to OEM holes for the 42L Triumph case.

Troop - You May have covered this in a different post, but which hugger do you have on the Tiger. It looks nice.

(Yes, I’m back on a conference call, looking at motorcycle photos.)

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
I have the Trekker 52L, and I really like it. The black with aluminum panels matches the stock Triumph side cases well. There is a TON of room inside. 2 full facers will fit with room for gloves, liners, etc...
The thing I do not like... It is heavy. But it is sturdy as hell too.

Spot on m8, it aint as heavy as the Triumph top case & holds twice as much. Here's a pic of mine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine came with the 58l Givi Outback aluminium topbox (and Givi Outback panniers as well). I've used a Givi Maxia 55l with it too (the predecessor to troop's 56l topbox, I think) but that currently lives on the Scrambler. The 58l is roomy, and I think a bit more practical than the Maxia as it has corners that things will fit into rather than sexy curvy sides that actually somewhat reduce practical space. Plus I carry bungees in it, and those little bars on the outside are great for attaching them to so I can carry loads too big to get inside the topbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts