Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 model Speed triple. Does anyone know whether the 08-09 gel seat Triumph part # A9700238 will fit or do I have no choice but to use the 05-07 gel seat part # A9701162. The O9 seat looks a lot better than the earlier model.
Also looking for some standard rear turn signals. Anyone got any 4 sale ?:) Price plus shipping to zip 77345
Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a 2007 model Speed triple. Does anyone know whether the 08-09 gel seat Triumph part # A9700238 will fit or do I have no choice but to use the 05-07 gel seat part # A9701162. The O9 seat looks a lot better than the earlier model.
Also looking for some standard rear turn signals. Anyone got any 4 sale ?:) Price plus shipping to zip 77345
Thanks

I wanted to do the same thing, so my dealer tried to fit an 09 seat on my 06. It doesn't fit. The front slides in, but the rear lock mechanism doesnt even come close to fitting in. Additionally it is a bit wider in the rear.

Pissed me off, would love to have the 09 gel seat on my 06.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
^ +1 They changed the rear subframe in 2008 to create more room for the passenger. So, it makes sense that you cannot use the seat on both years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wondering......

If they changed the subframe and the undertail
and seat and fairing are of a different size. Could
you just get the whole rear of an 08-09 and bolt
up to an 06-07 frame? Or did they change the
mounting points on the frame? That may be a way
around making that seat fit? The blinkers and all
the parts that bolt onto the fairing, subframe
and undertail should all work the same?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wondering......

If they changed the subframe and the undertail
and seat and fairing are of a different size. Could
you just get the whole rear of an 08-09 and bolt
up to an 06-07 frame? Or did they change the
mounting points on the frame? That may be a way
around making that seat fit? The blinkers and all
the parts that bolt onto the fairing, subframe
and undertail should all work the same?

it may be possible, but would be a hell of a lot of work, just for a seat. i wish triumph would just remake the 05-07 gel seats look like the 08-09 seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts