Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I have not seen them in person, but at least Jack Lilley has listed the factory fatbars and risers on the website for some time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
ok guys ya teased me enough....what do they look like? someone post a link please.sean..

·
Registered
692 Posts
I saw a 07 triple with gold fatbars.

He used TAG risers and bars, He said he had to open the mount hole just a bit to get the riser bolt through and shim the risers up level to the top of the triple clamp with washers.

Probably be A-lot cheaper than jack lillys.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I ordered the bars and risers as soon as the '07 parts catalog was posted online... I'm still waiting for them to ship.

·
Registered
215 Posts
those bars are now on triumphs site. I would look though, find out who makes 'em, because I think I have seen the same bars for about 100 bucks less.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Silly question: What the deal with fat bars? Is it a better ride or just aesthetic? I mean they look cooler to me but I was just wondering if they serve a purpose.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On 2007-01-13 17:27, KarmaPunk1 wrote:
Silly question: What the deal with fat bars? Is it a better ride or just aesthetic? I mean they look cooler to me but I was just wondering if they serve a purpose.
I'm also wondering this... I'm looking for some options to get the bars up a little higher and back a little more, so my seating positition is more upright. The S3's seating positition is awesome for a bike in the sports-bike class, but like every human being - I want more. :)

BTW: Just bought my first S3 yesterday. 07 Roulette Green with the arrow 3-1 low pipe. Awesome bike.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
From what I read about Fat Bars, they are supposed to transmit less vibration to your hands. I looked at and might still buy a set for my bike, just haven't been near a store for a couple of months. My 2 cents only.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There are two versions of Fat Bars, from my MX background, twinwall fatbars are stiffer, and will transmit more vibrations through to a riders hands, but they are STRONGER, and single walled fat bars are made so that they will flex more readily, thus transmitting less vibrations, or, more accurately giving the rider a bit of "suspension" from the flex, but they are not as strong, I have used both versions on my dirt bike, a single walled bar for the steet would be more than enough, but I am still gonna stick with my clips

John

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Welcome to the mansion, Haplo. Send any dues my way; I'll see to it that they are spent wisely. :-D

·
Registered
345 Posts
On 2007-01-13 17:27, KarmaPunk1 wrote:
Another stupid question, since the bars are fatter, do you have to get bigger grips or do the bars tapper at the end?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts