Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody wearing this boot? How do you like it?
Where can I get the best deal?

[ This message was edited by: SDFOUR on 2004-11-01 20:37 ]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody wearing this boot? How do you like it?
Where can I get the best deal?

[ This message was edited by: SDFOUR on 2004-11-01 20:37 ]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a pair of those 2 months ago (along with the tornado jacket and pants). I've never had motorcycle boots before, so I have nothing to compare them with. They are more comfortable to ride in than the work boots I've been using. I feel like I have more control and feel with the levers. My feet never really get hot or cold, so I can't comment there. Haven't had them in the rain yet, but I have full confidence they're waterproof as advertised. I didn't shop for price either, I just walked into Manayunk Triumph and bought them along with my other stuff. If you're not dedicated to triumph apparel, check out kneedraggers.com. They have a show room in New Castle, DE so you can try things on if you like. I didn't know that when I bought all of my stuff. Oh well, guess I'm stuck with Triumph :cool:

[ This message was edited by: grndwagon2 on 2004-11-02 11:55 ]

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can't speak for the Explorer boots but I do have the Expedition boots... essentially the same boot but with a speed lacing system in addition to the velcro (my feet don't tend to do well with just zippers or straps).

Waterproof... oh yes. I find the actual soles of the boots quite narrow... almost like a really wide skate blade... though not at all uncomfortable to walk about in. The narrow sole makes for wonderful control feel and I find it helps my feet be in the right place on the controls.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grndwagon2, Manayunk Triumph, that's where I saw them, I just picked up a good deal on my new Arai helmet there!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've had a pair all season. Like them a lot. Comfortable enough to wear all day at work even. Feet stayed dry the few times they've been out in the rain. I don't get a particularly great fit on the calf because my leg is thin and flap has to wrap around farther than designed for, but it's not a big deal. I feel kinda naked riding without them now, but I might go for something with a bit more armor next time for extra protection in a crash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts