Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got mine a few days ago, pretty dorky stuff, now I feel like I am riding a Gucci bag or something. who did the the retarted theme song? The Ruttles?? early Spinal Tap? :???:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ya, got mine tonight, sorry to say, what a waste of time and money! I'd thought Triumph could have (should have) done better then that! Sorry Triumph.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
It 's a DVD that came with the
Triumph Torque magazine, I have not had the pleasure of viewing it yet.
I got mine two days ago.
Bill

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just got mine today. Haven't even opened the envelope yet.

"Wow, dad, its got a dvd in it!"

"Hands off, it says 'Triumph' on the envelope, don't mess with it!"

He wants to make another flying saucer with rocket motor out of the dvd. From what I've read above he might get to do it.

Dennis

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Twin
2,422 Posts
For someone thinking about buying a Triumph, the DVD is good enough to help sway their thoughts and keep them thinking about the brand. That's all this marketing piece is meant to do, not entertain existing Triumph owners.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I'm being too harsh, just find it funny.
Visualizing Triumph riders as Ultra Hip, fashion concious 20 somethings seems as nutty as Visualizing Older, affluent suburban Harley riders as wild hell raising rebels. althogh there are some of each, It actually seems like a great marketing scheme.
Can't wait to see the 1st 50 year old decked out in all the trendy Triumph type stuff, that should be cool.
anyway I appreciate the effort, the girl with the lip ring made it worth while :-D

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd be happy jut to get another issue of Torque. Haven't seen one since last summer. June I think it was.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Yeah, I was just glad to get the magazine. You can re-up for Torque (I did) and never get it and you can buy two bikes and still not get it. No biggie. Nothing more trandy than a tee-shirt and jeans.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I liked the music. Well, except for the chorus of "la,la,la,la,la" in the Go Your Own Way song. The guitar in the "Bikes" section was great. Could have been the Ruttles....
Unfortunately, I also don't identify myself with the ultra-hip crowd any longer. Guess they have money too. They are certainly not spending it on food and razors. Was that a piercing on the blond girl or just a growth on her lip? The pretty people can probably afford to have growthes removed.
I like the white Romero jacket, but am just not confident enough in my own sexuality to wear it....

·
Registered
229 Posts
I thought it was fun. Not marketing to me, but interesting to see nevertheless. If you don't want it, pass it on to a friend thinking of buying a cycle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at 1st I thought it was some spittle on the Blonde's lip, then realized that Triumphs Mktg people would be way too savy for that to slip by

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
On 2007-01-13 09:23, Fraederichs wrote:
I thought it was fun. Not marketing to me
Exactly, most of us are already enthusiasts. Although they may sell us some teeshirts and jackets from this promo. Now getting us to move to a new model couldn't be part of their evil plan could it?

I thought it was well done. Loved those wide open roads with no traffic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For a marketing piece I thought the dvd was well done. Over all opinion- very British. It did leave one question in my mind however, Do they make clothes to fit the middle aged person? I'm not BIG but I haven't seen that kind of stick thin since high school!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
On 2007-01-12 10:13, Scrambler900 wrote:
For someone thinking about buying a Triumph, the DVD is good enough to help sway their thoughts and keep them thinking about the brand. That's all this marketing piece is meant to do, not entertain existing Triumph owners.
That's odd, considering it was included with a magazine that goes to existing Triumph owners.

--mark

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
On 2007-01-15 15:09, markbvt wrote:
That's odd, considering it was included with a magazine that goes to existing Triumph owners.
It comes to owners who actively joined RAT, so a loyal base. With new models coming out, its a great time to make our trade.

There is branding with the clothing and components under the Triumph label. Just think how much leather Harley sells.

And loyal Triumph owners that we are, can influence our buddies on their next purchase.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts