Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2004 Daytona 955i has a problem starting when only run for a short time and warm when it's first starting it was slow to start I've changed the coil that was causing a misfiring issue has the injectors serviced changed the pressure regulator but still has the same issue of not starting when warm if left for a while it'll start and runs good until stopped and trying to restart, the old owner said he'd had a kickstand sensor issue but tried different things and seemed like a fuel problem as could smell fuel when starting. Any suggestions please and can the kickstand sensor cause the issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you checked the crankshaft sensor? It may be just the clearance needs setting, especially if there has been work around that area. If not, the sensor may have failed.
My brother-in-law had this problem when the sprag was replaced on his ST. Turned out the sensor had been removed and the clearance hadn't been set properly when reassembled.
Another cheap fix max be the fuel tank vent. Does it start if you open the filler cap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have fixed the problem starts beautifully now cleans the fuel pump got checked out and the breather from the air box not exactly sure what the problem was but the fuel system was completelyleaned out and runs better then when I'd bought the bike it's my first Triumph as usually owned Japanese bikes except a Rickman predetor but that had a Kawasaki z1000 moor fitted have to say the Daytona is a awesome handling bike but find the gear changes a bit rough and clunky when hot but getting use to the gears most of my Japanese bikes have very smooth gear changes is that normal when hot? I'm a bit hard in the gears sometimes though. Thanks though for your comment was really spinning me out since only owned the bike a few months and never owning a triumph but a awesome ride.

·
2014 Bonneville T100
1,381 Posts
Hello Fast Eddie 01! Thank you for introducing yourself. We’re really glad you joined! That's a great looking Daytona! Glad you got it running right.

I hope you find this site to be a great place to meet and talk with a great bunch of riders about Triumph bikes. Everyone here is very willing to help with questions or problems with your bike(s). I have personally saved lots of time and money thanks to the skilled help I have received from members.

Please post your questions in the sections related to your bike’s model. Most of the time you will get quick, informed responses.

As you cruise around the many different sections of this site you will find a wealth of information. There are technical sections for every Triumph model and chat sections for the same. Also, we have a classifieds section that is well worth checking out. (NOTE: You need to make at least five posts before you can post to Classifieds.)

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Read first before trying to post. Classified Ad Rules - Accessing Our Classifieds

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in. Biker Hang-Out

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

Here are the governing rules of the site and what can and cannot be done here. Acceptable Use Policy - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining Triumph Rat!

I wish you safe, fun riding!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts