Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone got some camo pants?
Are they any good quality / fit / warm or cool?
they seem a good idea zipping off to shorts on arrival, but at £170 its a shed load of money if they arnt any good.

Cheers
Clive

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the convertibles by Olympia Motorsports which I love- as far as I know, they're the original zip-off armoured trousers. I rarely zip them off, but its nice to have the option. THey are super comfy.

I'm considering getting the Triumph version as they advertise them as water-proof... but I want to hear some reports on that first. I got the Olympia's for $100 which is a great deal. I'd part with more money for the Triumphs if they lived up to the claim, but some how I doubt a pant with zippers on the thighs can be water proof. :/

Olympia Recon:

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/recontransformer/recontransformer_pants/recontransformer_pant.htm

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I bought a pair a couple of months ago & have worn them a few times on my Tiger. They have a zip out thin liner that's supposed to be a windbreaker when it's cold. I haven't worn them in the cold yet.

I find them comfortable, durable & well made, they have useful pockets & will zip connect together with any (I think) Triumph motorcycle jacket. The legs zip on & off very easily.

They are too thick & warm, even with the liner removed, in anything above 27C/80F IMO. I reckon they'll be great in winter with the liner in place & a pair of thermal longjohns underneath.

DaveB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts