Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to bring to your attention what happen to a fellow motorcyclist who put a deposit down on a new Rocket R then after seeing it for the first time decided not to go through with the purchase, it was agreed with the dealership that if he pulled out of the purchase he would be refunded in full. this person was into videoing as he had his own site but posted it on Youtube explaining the reasons why he changed him mind, this log went viral over the 2 weeks over the Christmas period with 150000 hits and over 3000 comments and this got a quick response from Triumph telling him to take it down or else. This person has now put another Youtube log explaining what has happened and it should be see to all, go to Youtube and type in Rocket Remorse. All I can say is bully boss tactics from Triumph.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
On the other hand you could see him as a self-important prick who made a rash decision and put a deposit down on a bike he'd never seen or ridden and then changed his mind after seeing it in the flesh after playing Billy big balls on his YouTube channel boasting about his new bike.
Apparently he's left a non-refundable deposit on his next bike after riding it for 50 yards:unsure:
I think it was the dealer not Triumph who wanted him to take the video down, they may not have come out of it that well but we've only heard his side of the story.

·
Registered
16 Posts
He had buyers remorse and tried to blame it on Triumph for what. If he put a deposit on the bike that’s between him and the dealer. I saw that video and he showed it before it was ready for the showroom floor. I couldn’t understand what his problem was.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In my experience its best to wait and see a potential bike purchase in the flesh (so to speak) . Motorcycles can look so much better (or worse) standing right alongside one to to mention how they ride.
YMMV

·
Registered
910 Posts
The only time I move on a deal is after I've had a test ride. When I finish the test ride..... if I'm smiling then I'm ready to reach for my wallet. Sometimes my arm is just a tad to short too short too reach.

Paul

·
Registered
125 Posts
When the JP Norton Commando was released in 1974i thought it looked so cool....until I saw it in person. Meh. So i bought a T150 Trident instead, so starting the love of Triumphs.

The Trident had its faults to be sure but man it sounded great.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think the more that bloke hangs with BMW riders the better. No loss to the Triumph community.
Hmmmm, sound like fan boy rhetoric to me. IAs a motorcycling enthusiast I currently run both, a BMW and a Triumph, also a H-D and Vespa. The difference between a fan boy and a motorcycling enthusiast is the enthusiast is NOT bound by a particular marque, they'll ride anything that makes them smile and are comfortable and able to contribute to more then one community.

Paul

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hmmmm, sound like fan boy rhetoric to me. IAs a motorcycling enthusiast I currently run both, a BMW and a Triumph, also a H-D and Vespa. The difference between a fan boy and a motorcycling enthusiast is the enthusiast is NOT bound by a particular marque, they'll ride anything that makes them smile and are comfortable and able to contribute to more then one community.

Paul
Interesting. You have a Vespa. That’s hilarious.
How long have you been waiting to throw in that you have 3 bikes and scooter? I’m guessing not all that long and that you manage to work that in pretty often. You’re the man. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Interesting. You have a Vespa. That’s hilarious.
How long have you been waiting to throw in that you have 3 bikes and scooter? I’m guessing not all that long and that you manage to work that in pretty often. You’re the man. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hell yeah I'm man enough to ride a Vespa 300, are you?? ;)

This is he 2nd one I've owned. The 1st was a 2013, bought and did a fly/ride. Picked up the Vespa in Las Vegas, then rode to the west coast, L. A., San Diego, Yosemite, then Austin, and home to Florida. 29 day of wandering around the southern part of the US, over 5K miles(only few miles of interstate highway in and out of S. Ca., Been across country many times on a variety of different bikes, BMW's, H-D's, Guzzi, Honda, Yamaha, etc... Each different bike brings with it a new and exciting experience but the Vespa trip was the most memorable.

For me it's all about the journey, not the tool. :p

Paul

·
Driftless Admin
11,675 Posts
Hell yeah I'm man enough to ride a Vespa 300, are you?? ;)
I got to run around Coronado Island over a week vacation on a classic Vespa. My sister had brought it home from Vietnam. Got more comments and thumbs up on that ride than I get on my Bonneville. It was quite fun. It had gotten stolen once, and all the silver siding pieces were lost. But still a fun ride to bomb around the island on. Also rented an HD Fat Bob that trip. Not sure which was more fun.

Not sure what @CanberraR3's problem is, he always seems to be in a pissing match with someone, usually about nothing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
@BonnieBlack you’re right. I should have remembered where I was. Public forums are no place to have an opinion that differs from that of a big-noter, and anyone who happens to actually like Triumphs should find some other forum to say so. No place for “fan boys” on the RAT. Those sort of comments should be kept to a Triumph forum...Hang on.

This thread was about a bloke who reneged on his agreement with a dealer to purchase a Rocket because when he saw the bike it was big (!!!!!), it felt like it would be uncomfortable while it was still in its crate and he could tell from looking at it that the novelty would wear off in a matter of days. Exactly how much respect should anyone have for someone like that? Then he posted up the biggest load of wingeing crap, blaming everyone but himself and saying his next bike would be bought on the basis of a 50 m ride, indoors. Some people seem to respect him for that. I don’t.

How come it says you’re a Moderator on here? You clearly have no clue about what that means. You and your other Vespa lover are typical of so many on here who belittle anyone who doesn’t have the desire or the ability or circumstances to own or ride other bikes. I know plenty of “enthusiasts” who only have one bike at a time yet according to your mate they’re somehow lesser beings than someone like him (or you).

I consider myself a true enthusiast. I own 4 bikes at the moment and between them have put on over 55,000km in the last 12 months. A few years ago I had just one bike yet managed to put over 100,000 on it in 3 years. Just because I don’t work that into everything I post doesn't mean I have no right to an opinion. I‘ve ridden plenty of scooters and quite frankly love riding anything and everything. But I’ve also made plenty of jokes about riding a scooter - you know the one about it being like having sex with a fat chick. You can have a lot of fun but you wouldn’t want you mates to know about it. I’ve never owned one though and probably never would. Same with Harleys and BMWs for that matter. So what.

And I’m the one with the problem? People are meant to be able to look to Moderators for leadership and reason. You’ve failed.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
At least he said you were right.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts