Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from OZ,
I have a 2005 Triumph Bonneville T100 Carb version and am looking to fit some OEM Mufflers from a 2009 EFI version. Anyone know if the 2009 bonneville T100 EFI has some sort of catalytic converter inside the mufflers? From what I can gather this varies depending on location - US, Europe, etc. I am in Australia. Cheers Janz

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a 2009 t100 Bonney no there is no catalytic converter. I am in oz you will just have to plug the o2 sensor holes in the down pipes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2009 t100 Bonney no there is no catalytic converter. I am in oz you will just have to plug the o2 sensor holes in the down pipes
Thanks Jadorff. Great. I am just after the exhaust mufflers themselves and they detach from the down pipes. I don't need the down pipes.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
In the US all Triumph twins from 2008, and probably a few years before, including carbed ones had catalytic converters built into the front of the mufflers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the US all Triumph twins from 2008, and probably a few years before, including carbed ones had catalytic converters built into the front of the mufflers.
Thanks rweb. Good to know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
‘09 t100 in the UK and it has a cat in the silencer - which is when my bafflectomy stopped and Tors were fitted 👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi im in oz and have a2008 efi.If you look up thr exchaust at the 1st joiner you will see a very small cat.. Best way is to remove the headers and use a screwdriver and small hammer to gently break up the culprit.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Are you sure about that. Neither my 05 nor my 08 T100 had a cat converter in the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
My 08 Thruxton and 08 T100 have cats in the front of the muffler, not the exhaust pipe (header). If you remove the OE muffler and look through the inlet end you can see it. I also have mufflers from a 2014 Thruxton that have them. Not positive but don't think US bikes had the small cats in the exhaust pipe like some EU and OZ folks speak of.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
My 08 and 05 pipes don't have any cats where you said they should be. The only thing I could see was baffles to deaden the sound. Yes I still have both sets of the exhaust. The other thing could possibly be that your bike had U.K. pipes. BTW your 2014 would have cats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts