Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the Black Logo Handlebar for my T120. The part number is A9638138. The instructions are still not available in the triumphinstructions website. Anyone has any idea what the torque settings should be when installing this?

Another thing that puzzles me is that when looking at the technical details for the part in the link above, I saw this:

"The Triumph Black Logo Handlebar Clamp is a CNC-machined upper handlebar clamp designed to replace the original equipment part. It features Triumph logo branding and a anodized black finish. Also available in an satin finish. This item fits Bonneville T120 (not Black) and Street Twin models."

I have a Black T120 and I'm trying to think what is it about it that excludes this part from it. Not to mention that when I used the bike configurator, this part was listed for the Black model. Is this just some arbitrary silliness by Triumph?

I presented it to the existing clamp and the holes on it line up just fine. I can't see anything that prevents it from being installed from a mechanical standpoint.

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
There are instruction for the clamp included as part of the Ace Handlebars kit (A2043219).

I'm not a doctor, but the instructions say, "Tighten the riser to upper yoke fixings to 38 Nm." And, "First tighten the front handlebar clamp fixings to 24 Nm, then tighten the rear fixings to 24 Nm."

-Alan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh, so I got the wrong part for the clamp. For the T120 Black the part number is A2041631, not A9638138. The one I got is for the ST. If anyone with a ST would like to buy this from me let me know. I'll sell it for $70 ($5 off retail) and ship it free.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well I was going to suggest you post an ad in the Classifieds for what you bought and don't want...but I don't think I saw mention of the water cooled bikes anywhere. I thought they would have lumped them in with the air cooled bikes. Maybe you are the first guy to be selling a water cooled bike part??? Do we have to have a separate mini forum for selling parts too? Admins?

·
Premium Member
2008 Bonneville Black
12,490 Posts
All the hinckley twins are together in the classifieds, posting there will work. I'd post the link but I'm travelling and life is hard with the app :)

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts