Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a 03 tiger and it came with a factory fitted Triumph alarm and immobiliser. What I need to know:
1. Are there any booklets, manuals etc for the alarm and immobiliser, and
2. I'm going on a ferry soon for a little trip and was wondering how do I get the alarm into ferry mode?
Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hiya doctordee,

If it's the factory fitted alarm, then it's really a Datatool System 3 alarm. If you take a look at the Datatool website, you can get the manuals from their support section (or for the direct link to the PDF of the user manual, click here).

When putting the bike on the ferry, allow the alarm to arm normally but then press the oval button on the remote control. The alarm will make a long, single, lower pitched tone than normal whilst flashing the indicators once. This signifies that the knock sensor is disabled. Pressing the oval button again will re-enable the knock sensor.

Hope this helps :wink:

T.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much tcowjww. I had visions of getting on the ferry and having a dead battery by the end of the trip. Again thanks.
Dee

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
You can also make it default to "ferry mode" by earthing the yellow wire coming out of the unit (earthing the white wire as well makes it arm in "silent" mode ie without the beeps).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-11-30 05:13, iansoady wrote:
You can also make it default to "ferry mode" by earthing the yellow wire coming out of the unit (earthing the white wire as well makes it arm in "silent" mode ie without the beeps).
By earthing, do you mean placing a wire from the unit to the bike frame?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
It needs to be somewhere with a good connection to the negative battery terminal. I put mine here on the ECU mounting bolt and it seems to work fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2006-11-30 08:36, iansoady wrote:
It needs to be somewhere with a good connection to the negative battery terminal. I put mine here on the ECU mounting bolt and it seems to work fine.
Thanks again Ian, your a great help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts