Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow bikers!
I'm seeking the Aftermath Jacket in size UK44/Euro54 (or UK42).
If you have a new one or a 2nd hand sample in good condition or know someone who might consider selling it to me, please let me know.

FYI Triumph sadly took this very fashionable jacket out of production:
http://picasaweb.google.nl/bluf98/TriumphAftermathJacket?feat=directlink

FYI I already contacted Triumph HQ in UK & US, many Triumph dealers in UK, NL, US, DE, JP and Ebay resellers unsuccesfully to get hold of a sample. Problem is that if they have any Aftermath jackets left it's only size 46 and up. These are the remains after stopping production for this jacket in 2006/2007...

Kind regards, Robert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
Not sure how desperate you are to get one of these jackets or if they post overseas, but city triumph in Melbourne-Australia have some of these still. I think they had two 44's and some larger sizes at $350aud which is about $180eur/$240usd.

(http://www.citytriumph.com.au/ they are part of Peter Stevens)

I'm not sure if the leather is as good as their more expensive jackets but it is quite comfortable.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Not sure how desperate you are to get one of these jackets or if they post overseas, but city triumph in Melbourne-Australia have some of these still. I think they had two 44's and some larger sizes at $350aud which is about $180eur/$240usd.

(http://www.citytriumph.com.au/ they are part of Peter Stevens)

I'm not sure if the leather is as good as their more expensive jackets but it is quite comfortable.
Perfect lead thx! I'll call them right away... :)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no problem. they will be closed now though try Monday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (GMT+10).
Yes, I just tried unsuccesfully due to time difference. I dropped them an email instead.
Thx again, hopefully this will end my long search succesfully? :ClapHappy:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck!

If any of you have a second one, count on me too ;)
Well, this might be your lucky day then too! :D :

The shop situated in Melbourne - which Pentaxian was so very kind to provide the golden tip for - has only 4 Aftermath jackets hanging around in regular sizes: 3x UK44 & 1 x UK42.
1 UK44 is ready to be shipped out to me! :cool:

As an insured Australian Post airmail parcel you pay about AUD70.
Then there remains some Dutch VAT and importtax and may be some handling fee for the shop...

If you as willing to make the effort too, just ask for Noel when contacting them... Good luck!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Good luck!

If any of you have a second one, count on me too ;)
Well today Dutch mail finally delivered both Aftermath jackets in size UK42 & 44 to my door!

It was well worth the effort of searching for one of the last remaining samples in my size & finding it on the other side of the world!

Since this jacket is of excellent leather & build quality it was really a bargain for only AUD349 (EUR185/GBP169). Taxes & shipping included (EUR297/GBP270) it was still much cheaper than where it originally retailed for in Europe (2008 RSP EUR378/GBP353)! :cool:

Size UK42 turned out to be my best snug fit.

Therefore if anyone is interested in buying the UK44 just drop me a mail. I'm not into making a profit reselling it: just my expenses (EUR297/GBP270) plus the costs if getting it to you is fine.

CHECK OUT the updated Picase album for this UK44 jacket.

FYI don't bother looking for this size in Europe, Japan or the States, if they have any left it will be a size UK46 and up. :(

Pentaxian, again many thanks for posting your lead! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks rpvisser, glad you were lucky enough to find one :) I was trying one some thiumph jackets last week, and it seems UK42 is also my best fit.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks rpvisser, glad you were lucky enough to find one :) I was trying one some thiumph jackets last week, and it seems UK42 is also my best fit.
Hmmm, 44 & 42 are both considered Medium size. FYI uk44 fits me ok too, but uk42 fits me more tight around the waist which I like better for Aftermath. The armlengh on the other side is just about OK with the uk42, but the uk44 armlengh is better. Therefore I've got a Sympathex Speed Jacket in uk44 which is perfect if I wear more layers of clothing (e.g. during wintertime). Anyway I choose the snug feel for Aftermath...

Good luck finding yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I must be a lucky guy too...

On trursday I wrote an e-mail to the Australian retailer asking if they had any 42 left... And they did!!

Later that day I went to my local retailer to try on some jackets and finally decide if I wanted a 42 or 44... Browsing around the shop, I spotted a black jacket behind the other jackets... an Aftermath Jacket!!... and even better, it was a 42!!! I tried it on and it fit me perfect!!!! It was the only one on the shop, so I bought it without hesitation.

Edit: I've been reading my post... I was lucky to find one, but yesterday I started my thruxton with my brake lock on, and broke the front brake... Now I have a beautiful jacket but not my beautiful motorcycle... i hope to pick her out from the workshop on tuesday...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts