Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? How well does it flow air in the hot weather. Would you buy it again? It got awfully hot here in Oklahoma this summer with many days over 100 deg. F. and sometimes actually over 110. I thought I had magically moved to Phoenix.
Thanks,

H

·
0 Posts
Does anyone have one? How well does it flow air in the hot weather. Would you buy it again? It got awfully hot here in Oklahoma this summer with many days over 100 deg. F. and sometimes actually over 110. I thought I had magically moved to Phoenix.
Thanks,
We have one and it works wonderfully well till it reaches the upper 90's. Then we wear Joe rocket gear but to be real at 110 in OK or TX no jacket is going to feel cool. If you want to ride at that temp then get some of the cooling vests talked about here. The jacket is fine but not at 110. Good luck. Hap

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Somewhat related to topic, in the heat, I usually pour water over my front torso and it keeps me riding cool. The mesh helps!

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Somewhat related to topic, in the heat, I usually pour water over my front torso and it keeps me riding cool. The mesh helps!

If this threads going to degenerate into a smutty discussion of women pouring water over their fronts I'd like to say I disapprove wholeheartedly... especially at the lack of pics.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a Triumph mesh jacket, it flows air good unless you put a back protector in it, then it flows alot less around you. It's nice until it hits around 100, then I can't tell a big differance between it and my leather jacket after I've been moving for a bit and the sweat has evaporated. Although the mesh seems to be cooler when in stop and go traffic. Around 110 the wind just feels like you're sitting in front of a hair dryer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I used a Fieldsheer mesh jacket for the last few years and it works about as good as you can expect for 100+ deg. weather. Unfortunately I've gained some extra baggage and it now fits a bit tight. Already thinking about what to get for next year. Not even going the wet tee shirt route. Not sure the guys at work would appreciate my hairy chest.

H

·
0 Posts

I can't believe I wrote that ...
You do know don't you that if you had never admitted to meaning any thing but to cool off, no one would have been the wiser.

Lest wise I thought you were just offering cooling advice. Maybe I am to old to pick up on things. Darn

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Don't have the Triumph version, but I have a Cortech mesh jacket which has fallen into disuse. As most have said, it's nice from ~70-90F. When it starts getting into triple digits, I'm actually more comfortable with a well vented textile, along with the wet t-shirt for long rides. Feels like AC.

Also, for actual abrasion resistance, mesh is only slightly better than nothing at all. If you do go mesh, make sure at least the high-impact areas (shoulders, elbows, mid-back) are solid fabric or leather. I keep mine around for short trips in town on gorgeous days when I'm tempted to just skip a jacket entirely.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Why am I not surprised that when it gets over 90 there's really nothing to keep you cool unless there's water involved.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts