Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that was disappointing - there was no Triumph presence at International Motorcycle Show this weekend. I thought that this year there'd be the new Street Triple, the new Rocket 3, and the other recent updates to drool over, but not a one. To my memory Triumph NA has never directly participated - it's been the local dealer or two who show up with the bikes. But those dealers weren't present either.

There was no Ducati presence either. Come to think of it, no Zero presence. There was Royal Enfield, though.

How about shows in other parts of the US, did you get to see Triumphs in person?

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
For the first time in decades, I didn't go to the show. Ducati has special new model intros at dealers. One coming up down in Metuchen at Cross Country. Not surprising about Triumph to be honest. Expensive to do all those shows. The show for me and my friends has run it's course. One moved to Tahoe and another to southern NJ and I can wait to look at bikes at dealer showings or events.

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Triumph USA has not participated in large motorcycle shows in favor of smaller events provided straight to its customers. Please follow the attached link to see if there is a show near you. These shows usually provide a few free beers, some free food, the newest models are shown off, and often some sort of entertainment. I attended the show is Nashville this year, and will attend again in Atlanta in January. I have been attending for five years now and love going to these.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sean. I missed the closest one to me, Philly. I think it was last year when I went to the IMS and got to see the new Scrambler 1200 .... was hoping for something similar this time around.

Reactions: Sean Patrick

·
Registered
5 Posts
There were Zero's over by the new riders area. That's what they were using. I've test driven a Zero at the Moto Market over the summer. Very cool to ride!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Triumph USA has not participated in large motorcycle shows in favor of smaller events provided straight to its customers. Please follow the attached link to see if there is a show near you. These shows usually provide a few free beers, some free food, the newest models are shown off, and often some sort of entertainment. I attended the show is Nashville this year, and will attend again in Atlanta in January. I have been attending for five years now and love going to these.

Thanks for posting about this. I didn't know they did this. I'm now registered for the Dallas event. Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were Zero's over by the new riders area. That's what they were using. I've test driven a Zero at the Moto Market over the summer. Very cool to ride!
Ahh, I thought that was an intro to MSF courses.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I went to a "Back in Black" tour stop in Phoenix in January of '18. It was held in a very nice bar downtown. You did have to pay to get in, but it was worth it. It was a much better experience than a traditional motorcycle show. It was pretty crowded with folks that specifically came out to see Triumph Motorcycles. From my observations and experience I would say their money is better spent on shows like this. It better targets the folks that like Triumph.

·
Registered
604 Posts

Isn't that just preaching to the choir. "I like Triumph, therefore I will find Triumph presentations, unveilings, demo rides, etc.". Shouldn't the idea be to snag a customer who is interested in motorcycles and introduce him to your brand? How does presenting to Triumph customers build sales?

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Isn't that just preaching to the choir. "I like Triumph, therefore I will find Triumph presentations, unveilings, demo rides, etc.". Shouldn't the idea be to snag a customer who is interested in motorcycles and introduce him to your brand? How does presenting to Triumph customers build sales?
I don't disagree. I love these events, I have gone every year for the last five years and plan to go a second time this year. I think they build a strong relationship with loyal customers. And you don't have to be a customer to register for these events. But granted they are not well advertised outside the Triumph community. And as for building a new customer base? Yeah, I think some sort of presence at the big shows would have some value.

But I am an Army Aviation professional. What do I know about marketing? I only know what I like and what I want, and I doubt I represent some larger market.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't disagree. I love these events, I have gone every year for the last five years and plan to go a second time this year. I think they build a strong relationship with loyal customers. And you don't have to be a customer to register for these events. But granted they are not well advertised outside the Triumph community. And as for building a new customer base? Yeah, I think some sort of presence at the big shows would have some value.

But I am an Army Aviation professional. What do I know about marketing? I only know what I like and what I want, and I doubt I represent some larger market.
Oh, and yes I registered for my local one as well. ;^)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts