Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes...i know this sounds wrong, but i'm at a dead end on finding carbs for my T160 barn find. The carbs, manifolds, bellcrank assembly and air filter were missing and there's not much luck on finding this stuff since it was produced only one year or so. I did notice the other day a Suzuki tripple in a salvage yard, with three connected Mikunis that looked like they would be a perfect fit. Anyone tried this before?
Bigern...

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, don't i look like a dumb***. I never realized those 750 Suzuki's were 2-strokes. I just saw the three carb set-up and that's all i zeroed in on. I never would of thought a two stroke could run a CV stlye carb. Anyways, thanks to everyone for all the great advice and leads to further chase down some parts. I bought the bike with title included for $500.00 and it is all original with about 3200 miles on it. Problem is it passed thru three brothers with the second one removing the air cleaner and carbs to have some kind of work done on them, and somewhere in the 24 years it sat, the carbs and intake came up missing. Oh well, there's no hurry. The lack of projects is not a problem. I've still got my ole' Shovelhead to put back together. It was in the middle of a resto when i bought my Rocket. Thanks again everyone. Bigern

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.