Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know if the gearing or sprockets are different on the Triple vs the Daytona's? I went to go pick up my bros '01 triple and I can lift the front wheel on it a lot easier than my 04 daytona. What gives? I haven't check the sprockets yet because both bikes are burried away in my garage under covers for the winter. Just figured I would ask the pros.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did I know cheapbastard was going to be the first to reply and exactly what his reply was going to be?

I don't know about that. Although, the next bike I buy will be a speed triple. Ever ridden a daytona? :razz:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
no, I haven't ridden a Daytona, but I would love to! :-D I don't know if there are any gearing differences, I'm sure if you can wait fer a more intelligent answer, someone will oblige. :razz:

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-12-04 11:33 ]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know they will both pop up with little effort, trust me :wink: . I just wonder if he has a spocket kit on his then. He bought it used and it had some mods already on it. I mean, this thing REALLY takes off on you if you don't watch it. Fun bike to ride. He also has a Maxx underseat he got from Australia and it sounds great. I can't wait for spring. Winter is for the birds man. Snow + Cold = SUCKS!! Why do I live in Chicago???? :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a helluva deal. I am not denying anything. I LOVE the speed triples. I will never sell my Tona, just add to the collection. The only reason I bought the daytona is because I think it is a little better of a touring bike and I was planning on taking some long road trips which have yet to happen. Oh well. I seriously think I would get served with divorce papers. No joke. She absolutley hates all my toys, but hey, she married me and they came with the territory. :razz:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The daytona is not that bad, and on the highway it is a little better as far as the wind goes. The fairing help out. I know my brother is always bitching about how his bike sucks vs mine for being able to duck down and get out of the drag from the wind.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have owned a Daytona and now i own a Speedy,both bikes are fn awesome but as i can only afford one roadie it has to be Speedy,would love a Daytona too but,one day the worm will turn. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
There's a used Daytona at the shop here. Probably five or six grand in goodies including lots of cf and Ohlins all around. They want $10,500. It's almost good enough to make me want to swap the S3.

Almost.

·
Registered
174 Posts
as in the heading of this thread "Triple vs Daytona", just bored and nitpicking!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing I can say is that you guys seem to have a much bigger following and there is a lot more to talk about in here vs the daytona room. I spend more time here than there. They have tumble weeds rolling through there every hour on the hour. :-D

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-12-05 15:12, 955iLimited wrote:
One thing I can say is that you guys seem to have a much bigger following and there is a lot more to talk about in here vs the daytona room. I spend more time here than there. They have tumble weeds rolling through there every hour on the hour. :-D
well ya know, true hooligans tend to have a bit more fun. :razz:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts