Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the triple tree width on the New Bonnies and Thruxtons? Wider than a Harley Davidson narrow glide, I hope. Can't run Hawg Halters' four piston dual disc front brakes on a narrow glide with wire spoke wheels.

Yep, think I'm going to do Harley Davidson 41mm forks with dual disc front brake lower leg sliders, all on stock Triumph trees. Anybody done this before?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
What's the triple tree width on the New Bonnies and Thruxtons? Wider than a Harley Davidson narrow glide, I hope. Can't run Hawg Halters' four piston dual disc front brakes on a narrow glide with wire spoke wheels.

Yep, think I'm going to do Harley Davidson 41mm forks with dual disc front brake lower leg sliders, all on stock Triumph trees. Anybody done this before?
they're wider than narrow glides.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Every H D I've ever ridden had lousy wooden brakes no matter how many discs were on the front. Of you were going to the trouble and expense of putting a/market brakes on a H D front end on a 'Bonnie, it would seem to make more sense to just buy an a/market system for the 'Bonnie. With enough pistons gripping the single disc I imagine the 'Bonnie would stop pretty well.
Having said that, I can understand why you want to do it so if it works let us know.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Of you were going to the trouble and expense of putting a/market brakes on a H D front end on a 'Bonnie, it would seem to make more sense to just buy an a/market system for the 'Bonnie. With enough pistons gripping the single disc I imagine the 'Bonnie would stop pretty well.
Having said that, I can understand why you want to do it so if it works let us know.
yeah, a rocket 3 master cylinder will fit the bonnie controls (I have one on mine), a 6 pot caliper, and a floating rotor would make a stoppie machine. All parts readily available to bolt on too. Of course, that's not what I did :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts