Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you have one of the plastic tank versions like I do....tank bags are going to suck. Ive been using the Triumph tail pack, and some Dowco sportbike throwover saddle bags that are 10.5 x 16inches. I also have the no-drag backpack from ogio that I use. Its enough for me to pack enough for a 3 day weekend at the races if I pack carefully. Tent, sleeping bag, 2 changes of clothes, toiletries, small portable sterno stove, some MREs, and a few small camp accesories.

·
Registered
191 Posts
actually I used them when I had highmoung exhaust. As long as you have the heat shields in place, you shouldnt have any problems. The triumph tailpack is a bit small by itself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Triumph tank bag works well, and I also recommend the Ventura rack system. For shorter trips (I lead groups on rides and so I have to carry more stuff - first aid kit, extra route sheets, extra gloves, etc.) I put a tail bag on the small rack, and for our three or longer day rides I use the Ventura big bag on the taller rack - works a treat!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bagster is your friend. The tank harness even looks quite cool, in my opinion. Lots of different bags/map pockets for all occasions.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use MotoPak out of Canada. I bought the big soft bags. Since I have the 3-1 Arrow, I didn't worry about the exhaust only capacity. I had enough for a 3 day trip including linens, blanket, pillow, 2 pair of jeans, 4 t-shirts, a book, and toiletries. I never noticed them until about 110mph where the bike would have a slight weave. I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Baglux and Kriega.

I just returned today from a couple of days away in France.
I have a baglux tankharness and tank bag. Baglux is the best option for a tank bag in my opinion. Maybe a little pricey compared with others but you have the option to fit different size tank bags to suit your needs or just a map pocket.
I have Kriega tail packs, one US-20 and two US-10 bags. It's a modular concept so can be fitted singularly or together in combinations to make 10, 20, 30 or 40 litre capacity. All fully waterproof without the need for extra covers (tried and tested).
Until now I haven't fitted them all together for 40 litre capacity. I thought they might be a bit unstable as the whole lot only attaches to the bike with two straps and the Speedy has a slim rear end. No problems though, once the straps were tensioned it all stayed put. I did throw a bungee net over it all too just incase.
For anyone wanting a soft luggage option I thoroughly recommend Kriega. No problems with high/underseat exhaust cans either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baglux and Kriega.

I have a baglux tankharness and tank bag. Baglux is the best option for a tank bag in my opinion. Maybe a little pricey compared with others but you have the option to fit different size tank bags to suit your needs or just a map pocket.
I have Kriega tail packs, one US-20 and two US-10 bags. It's a modular concept so can be fitted singularly or together in combinations to make 10, 20, 30 or 40 litre capacity. All fully waterproof without the need for extra covers (tried and tested).
Until now I haven't fitted them all together for 40 litre capacity. I thought they might be a bit unstable as the whole lot only attaches to the bike with two straps and the Speedy has a slim rear end. No problems though, once the straps were tensioned it all stayed put. I did throw a bungee net over it all too just incase.
For anyone wanting a soft luggage option I thoroughly recommend Kriega. No problems with high/underseat exhaust cans either.
Quite like the look of the us 20 can you get much in it cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
In the US-20 bag I fitted a pair of shoes, jeans, spare winter riding gloves, two t-shirts and underwear. It wasn't bursting, I could cram a little more in if I tried.
Combined in the 10 litre bags I had the EU compulsory stuff, mini tool kit, can of tyre weld, small chain lube, first aid kit, fleece jacket, mobile and blutooth headset chargers and toothbrush etc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Baglux and Kriega.

Ditto on the Kriega gear, great quality, looks good and works. I have a US20 and R35, will be getting a couple of US10's for extra stuff soon.
Commute every day with the R35, go from just a laptop to fully loaded with training gear, boots etc so easily. Really comfortable on, never need to adjust straps. US20 straps down on the tail really well, just need to make sure the straps are snug.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What size did you get ?

I use MotoPak out of Canada. I bought the big soft bags. Since I have the 3-1 Arrow, I didn't worry about the exhaust only capacity. I had enough for a 3 day trip including linens, blanket, pillow, 2 pair of jeans, 4 t-shirts, a book, and toiletries. I never noticed them until about 110mph where the bike would have a slight weave. I highly recommend them!
The bags look good on the site. How big were the ones you bought?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the US-20 bag I fitted a pair of shoes, jeans, spare winter riding gloves, two t-shirts and underwear. It wasn't bursting, I could cram a little more in if I tried.
Combined in the 10 litre bags I had the EU compulsory stuff, mini tool kit, can of tyre weld, small chain lube, first aid kit, fleece jacket, mobile and blutooth headset chargers and toothbrush etc.
Cheers will keep an eye out on e-bay :) £59.00 here UK

·
Registered
69 Posts
The bags look good on the site. How big were the ones you bought?
coatesbob:

If you're looking to buy some MotoPak luggage keep an eye on eBay. MotoPak seems to pretty consistently have new stock up for auction and you can get it for a better price than what's listed on their website. For example, I paid US$78 (+ US$17 shipping) for their GTS-60 saddlebags which list for US$114.99 (which I see are currently on sale for US$103.49). I'm not sure if they charge shipping on top of that.

I see you're located in Sidney. I'm in Saanich. If you want to check out the MotoPak saddlebags before you order we could arrange to meet and you can look at mine if you want. I haven't tried them out on a trip yet (still waiting for my low mount exhaust to arrive) but hope to do so soon.

SR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought a US20 and it easily takes my waterproofs, trainers and a fleece and will expand for more. Looks nice and tidy on my MT-03 (Soon to be traded in for a new Street Triple hence the US as nowhere to bungee anything on the Striple:) ) but a question.

What do you guys do with the straps on the seat when no bag is attached? I was hoping for a male/female arrangement with the buckles so that you could keep it all shipshape.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Ventura Rack System
Cortech Deluxe Tailbag
Cortech Saddle Bags
Bags Connection Vino Tankbag

More then enough packing space for two, plus plenty of room for my passenger.

-Rob

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts