Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Heres a few

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Excellent ! Looks awesome....

The more I look at it, the more I need to have a system like that... especially the slash cut version.... Plus, with the follow up that is second to none that Wolf does with his products.... If I'm taking the aftermarket exhaust highway with my Sprint, It will definitely be THIS system that I will go with after this coming summer...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics. My graphite 08 would look great with a set of those. Looks like a straightforward install.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Thanks for the pics. My graphite 08 would look great with a set of those. Looks like a straightforward install.

It could be. :rolleyes: You might do some reading on the subject. For reasons unknown to me, there are some people that do have problems installing them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
One thing the guy who fitted mine did was to put some rubber strips on the inside of the rear light holder to stop the carbon fibre pipes being rubbed against the metal

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
One thing the guy who fitted mine did was to put some rubber strips on the inside of the rear light holder to stop the carbon fibre pipes being rubbed against the metal
Not necessary as there is no movement between those parts.

In actuality, depending on the strip thicknesses and rubber hardness, they could be causing undue pressure on the can CF sleeve.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Ahh, clean heat shields, I remember those:D

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Burnt plastic smell

Great pics. I noticed on Pilsbury's red one the middle pipe looks like it's not clearing the plastic tail piece. I installed mine without the baffle, then reinstalled with baffle. After the second install I noticed a smell of burnt plastic after I had ridden it (wasn't there after the first install). I checked and I had the middle pipe exiting about even with the plastic. I felt the tail piece to see if it was melting, but it seemed ok, just warm. I loosened and moved the middle pipe to exit about a quarter inch past the plastic and didn't have the smell anymore. By the way, thanks a ton OldNDumb for the instructions. I still had to slot the bracket holes just a little to get mine to fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts