Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well our stock clearance for the ST pipes worked so well I decided to do the same with the Sprint GT...

So we're offering 10% off for the next 7 days (until 10.10.12) on our Stainless Slip ons for the GT and on our carbon Stubby cans for the GT.
Sadly we can never keep up with demand for the carbon oval pipes so they are not in the sale.

You can see the stainless and the stubby HERE

To order you can PM me or use the secure online order form on our website www.trident-exhausts.com and just note on the form that you want the discount...

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I was one of the 955i St Guys who asked and Its ordered, it will give me a little job next week to fit it.
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hello Peter
I was wondering if you offer a trim piece for the GT. The stock bit of sheetmetal covers the joint and is contoured to meet the stock exhaust can profile. I would like one that just followed the pipe to the new exhaust can.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mac - as you can see if you look at the photos of our pipe it keeps the stock sheet metal heat shield that covers the link pipe join... I assume this is what you mean

Take a look at the pictures on Facebook for a better look

·
Registered
616 Posts
Peter
Thank you for the reply. I really like the look of the oval slip ons. I just wish I could find another option for the heat shield. Stainless is a difficult material for home fabrication so I was looking for something off the shelf.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not sure what it is you are trying to achieve - I thought you were saying you wanted to retain the stock trim piece - which we do as you can see from the pictures - so what is it you actually want the trim piece to do ?

The link pipe we supply can always be made shorter so that the trim piece comes right up to the can (especially effective on the stubby) and covers the inlet piece of the can if that's what you need

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think the stock trim piece looks fine with the stock muffler profile. Once you put an aftermarket exhaust can on the bike, the stock trim piece no longer follows the profile of the new muffler. Remus exhaust systems are often shown with a tidy, slotted heat shield.
I was wondering if you offered an option other than stock in regard to the heat shield.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I agree Daddy Mac. I purposely left the sheild off because I recon that it looked better without it with the stubby can.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Stubby 02 Sprint 955i

OK here are some photo's of the stubby on my 02 955i sprint Peter extended the offer to other bikes as well. I have modified the link pipe so the Stubby sits closer to the wheel, the triumph luggage rails sort of got in the way a good friend of mine is an ace tig welder so a few cuts with a hacksaw and then tig welded up again to tuck it in nice and close. I have left the baffle in with slight mods to aid air flow and uploaded the 10159 map using Tune ecu, first time I have used it no problems if you follow all the instructions. I might shorten the link pipe and inch or so can't make my mind up if it will look better.
Just added a video on you tube have a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Co9xxAgag&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts