Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Trident in for a few weeks now, and I haven't bothered to get the TOR map installed. So far I can't really see any reason for doing so, is there any reason to do it other than a little bit of extra HP? I remember reading that the bike will run lean with the new can, but so far I haven't noticed any problems.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I had the TOR downloaded during my bike's first service, not sure what difference it did actually make, as I never had the cans without the download - just seemed a better bet to have it done to me...

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
It just richens the mix up a touch and adds fuel and touches on timing to more match the performance curve of the pipes.

It's worth doing for piece of mind imo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
had the tor tune put on mine and noticed a significant improvement in how the bike run compared to the standard tune.

Wasn't bothered about extra HP just a smoother running engine.

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
It smooths out the power delivery and as Calli says makes the fueling run in a richer state.

Personally I would do it for the later reason alone.

All new machines run very lean anyway because of emission controls.
An over lean running engine is not a great idea, but I am no mechanic.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
.... and touches on timing to more match the performance curve of the pipes.
I was wondering if it did advance the ignition timing. I've noticed a bit of knocking in the mid range on my bike after having the TOR tune downloaded to it. I switched to a higher octane, and it doesn't knock.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
In a nutshell, the TOR tune made a SIGNIFICANT difference. Thinking back, the bike ran "OK" without the TOR tune, but now runs GREAT with it.

I didn't think the bike needed the TOR either. But since it was free, and guys on here recommended it, went and did it anyway. Wow, the bike ran so much smoother with the TOR, stronger in the mid range, better throttle response.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I was wondering if it did advance the ignition timing. I've noticed a bit of knocking in the mid range on my bike after having the TOR tune downloaded to it. I switched to a higher octane, and it doesn't knock.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Yep it touches on timing. I had a Tuneboy and you could see a bit here and there. You can get more by more timing adjustment and I think Katana Boy has mad a custom tune that he runs that has more timing changes.

As far as knocking, I can't say. I never ran anything less than 92 Octane fuel in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts