Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if anyone knows of other exhausts or sees when company releases one be sure to post it here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yohsi's new offering.
Looks/sounds great IMO.

19660AP520_TRIDENT_2021_AT2_FS_SS-SS-CF_4Gray_2048x2048.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yohsi's new offering.
Looks/sounds great IMO.

View attachment 753988
Looks and sounds good, but not $1,200 good. And that cost is before installation.

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,051 Posts
Actually $1,200 is not bad for a top quality full race system, I paid almost $900. For my BC Moto GP slip ons alone and they are worth every penny I spent. top quality in craftsmanship and Performance a great match for my bike so I am super happy for what I paid........ FTG

Reactions: Kb34

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually $1,200 is not bad for a top quality full race system, I paid almost $900. For my BC Moto GP slip ons alone and they are worth every penny I spent. top quality in craftsmanship and Performance a great match for my bike so I am super happy for what I paid........ FTG
Yep, very much this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks and sounds good, but not $1,200 good. And that cost is before installation.
You’re not gonna find a high quality exhaust for the trident under $1000 easily. Atleast not for a while, the trident requires a full exhaust.

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,051 Posts
Well if if someone is mechanically inclined and by luck it if its not a hassle to get to the header pipe clamps that r sitting behind the cooler ( and yes that's a big If because I know that sometimes they dont make it that easy to get to the headers clamps with out having to remove alot to get to them).
But if by luck it is a fairly easy job then changing out the whole exhaust would b worth it if u have the funds. 600cc class bikes r the funest if they r set up right.
It looks like the cat is built in the header end pipe section that would b an easy cat delete it all comes out with the stock exhaust system.
U will save weight get rid of the cat all at the same time and gain a little puff of hp with a amazing exhaust sound.
Since I do the majority of my bike work I save hundreds in labor savings and this is where my prospect of doing this mod comes from.
And when I do your own work u can take your time do a great job and no more second guessing what a mechanic has really done to your bike when it's in the shop.
Know one cares and luvs your moto better then u do.
My philosophy has been for every bike I own the Exhaust mod is the very first mod I do on every bike then dyno tune....lol.....FTG

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course, it's just my opinion but after tax and installation, this after-market exhaust will come close to 25% of the bike's $8000 USD cost. If you're going to spend this much money on an aftermarket exhaust why not just buy a Speed Triple and get the better brakes, suspension, horsepower, etc...
because some people prefer the look of the trident.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Of course, it's just my opinion but after tax and installation, this after-market exhaust will come close to 25% of the bike's $8000 USD cost. If you're going to spend this much money on an aftermarket exhaust why not just buy a Speed Triple and get the better brakes, suspension, horsepower, etc...
$10,000 for a new speed triple?
I’ll take 2 please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, I agree. $1200 for an $8,000 dollar bike is a bit much. That being said, doesn't look there are going to be a lot of options. M4 doesn't have any triumph exhausts. Nor does Two Brothers. Personally I'd probably prefer the Zard euro5. I'm not concerned about HP or weight, Trident is fine in that regard to me. I just want to let her sing a little louder and better. And I'd not be harassed by the cops for being to loud.

Even though those damn HD riders can get away with blowing out windows and no one bats an eye.

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, I agree. $1200 for an $8,000 dollar bike is a bit much. That being said, doesn't look there are going to be a lot of options. M4 doesn't have any triumph exhausts. Nor does Two Brothers. Personally I'd probably prefer the Zard euro5. I'm not concerned about HP or weight, Trident is fine in that regard to me. I just want to let her sing a little louder and better. And I'd not be harassed by the cops for being to loud.

Even though those damn HD riders can get away with blowing out windows and no one bats an eye.
15% of the bike's cost doesn't seem like great value when it's put in those terms, but you definitely get what you pay for.
I'm sure there will be cheaper/less nice exhausts coming soon.
Since the Trident comes with a one-piece header/muffler from the factory the only real option is to get a full exhaust, so it's not going to be a bargain no matter what.

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
The Trident is targeted more for the entry level, affordable, neo-classically styled standard daily rider. It touts the lengthy 10k mi service interval for fuss-free riding and to appeal to non-wrenchers/more casual owners The Trident looks like a well designed, well-executed bike that will make a big impact for Triumph at the bargain $8000 price point, it looks like they hit their target market very well.
It's a great bike but everyone wants to make it louder and "perform" better, just line-up and pay the cashier. The irony is that Triumph optimized the exhaust system by integrating it into a single, closed system to meet emission, performance, durability and costs goals; it was not designed to be messed with and requires a complete system replacement, be prepared to pay. No simple slip-on here and any real performance gains will take some real testing/engineering (louder is not faster).
The good news is there will be a big aftermarket for this bike and there will be plenty of stuff to spend your money on. But for now, you can always just ride and enjoy the bike as-is (and not wake-up all of your neighbors). Ride well.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
In addition to the comments above, none of the aftermarket options currently available require any modifications to the engine's fueling. If no more fuel is used, then no more power is created. The only advantage may be a loss of weight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Trident is targeted more for the entry level, affordable, neo-classically styled standard daily rider. It touts the lengthy 10k mi service interval for fuss-free riding and to appeal to non-wrenchers/more casual owners The Trident looks like a well designed, well-executed bike that will make a big impact for Triumph at the bargain $8000 price point, it looks like they hit their target market very well.
It's a great bike but everyone wants to make it louder and "perform" better, just line-up and pay the cashier. The irony is that Triumph optimized the exhaust system by integrating it into a single, closed system to meet emission, performance, durability and costs goals; it was not designed to be messed with and requires a complete system replacement, be prepared to pay. No simple slip-on here and any real performance gains will take some real testing/engineering (louder is not faster).
The good news is there will be a big aftermarket for this bike and there will be plenty of stuff to spend your money on. But for now, you can always just ride and enjoy the bike as-is (and not wake-up all of your neighbors). Ride well.
You're correct louder isn't faster, but I personally would like a much better sounding bike. I could care less about making more power on the bike. In my opinion, the factory exhaust sounds like crap and needs to be replaced with a louder exhaust so it sounds better. And honestly, if my neighbors have a problem with the bikes exhaust they definitely have a problem with my Trackhawks exhaust....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts