Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was in the process of installing a Dyno jet kit on my Triumph Trident 900 with D&D slip-ons and a k&n air filter.... Well the jets that go all the way across say 124... the two sides where 125... and the center was 120... and that just doesnt seem right to down jet the two sides... or does it?..... and i also took the bowl off the center carb..... and a small brass peiace that is smooth and coned on one side with a small hole in the center.... looks like it was set in a hole somewhere in side the carb any diagrams out there for the mikuni carb?..... has anyone had experience with the stage one dyno jet kit and did it help? and is it correct?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Dyno Jet uses a jet numbering system independent of what the carb manufacturers use. The numbers on the DJ jets correlate only to the Dyno Jet line, so your new jets may, in fact, be larger.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just had this mod done on my 96 Trident 900. Same set up...Trident 900, D&D pipes, K&N filter, Dynojet kit. I paid to have it done (over my head). The original kit that was sent to me was for the 750 Trident...and the seller (Tucker Rocky) was unaware of the difference. Is there a chance you might have got a 750 kit? Anyway, it's an awesome mod no doubt about it. I feel like I've gotten a new bike. Throttle response, power... this is weird, but I swear it handles better in the twisties as well. Definitely wish I'd done it sooner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts