Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Nearby stands the Hagia Sophia, a huge temple from which the mosque was made after the conquest of Byzantium by the Turks.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I went to Dolmbahce Palace, the palace is beautiful, photographing inside is forbidden, but made a few frames))
Sorry did not have time to get into the palace of the concubines))

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Again, not enough time, in order to have time to see everything, you need a few days.
In the morning we need to go further.
I left Istanbul, overcast, after a hundred kilometers it began to rain heavily, the road began to rise upward and further from the central part of Turkey it already passed at an altitude of 1000-1500 meters, rising even higher on the passes.
I went to Cappadocia, central Turkey.
When there were fifty kilometers to the end of the route, the motorcycle fell, the speed was about 100 km / h, the rain was almost over, the road was straight to the horizon, there was a truck on the side of the road, next to it was the police, I slowed down near them, drove and accelerated a little, and in that moment fell.
It was as if I fell on the ice, felt the motorcycle fly out from under me, did not even have time to twitch and level it, throws me out of the saddle, I fall on my left side and back, hit the asphalt with a helmet and rolled.
I’m swinging and looking where the motorcycle rolls so as not to fall under it, I feel my palm burns on the asphalt, I lift it above the asphalt, it drags me a few more meters and stops.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Everything has stopped. I listened, seemingly whole, got up.
Police drove up, helped to lift the motorcycle and collect things that flew out of the trunk.
Inspected damage. The sliders retained the engine but the plastic was scratched, the mirror was broken, and the entire right side of the motorcycle was damaged.
The helmet is cracked, the jacket is a little torn. I wrapped the falling parts with adhesive tape, straightened the bent brake foot, started the motorcycle and drove to Cappadocia.
I was very lucky to be alive and able to continue on my way.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Again, not enough time, in order to have time to see everything, you need a few days.
In the morning we need to go further.
I left Istanbul, overcast, after a hundred kilometers it began to rain heavily, the road began to rise upward and further from the central part of Turkey it already passed at an altitude of 1000-1500 meters, rising even higher on the passes.
I went to Cappadocia, central Turkey.
When there were fifty kilometers to the end of the route, the motorcycle fell, the speed was about 100 km / h, the rain was almost over, the road was straight to the horizon, there was a truck on the side of the road, next to it was the police, I slowed down near them, drove and accelerated a little, and in that moment fell.
It was as if I fell on the ice, felt the motorcycle fly out from under me, did not even have time to twitch and level it, throws me out of the saddle, I fall on my left side and back, hit the asphalt with a helmet and rolled.
I’m swinging and looking where the motorcycle rolls so as not to fall under it, I feel my palm burns on the asphalt, I lift it above the asphalt, it drags me a few more meters and stops.
Did you hit something in the roadway that caused you to crash? Glad you are okay!

NC

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Hope everything on you and the bike is OK, are you going to have to lay up for repairs?
Enjoying your ride report and hope this dont curtail it much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad you are okay. Hope you are able to get a new helmet - that one saved your life but it's trash now. Ride safe and thanks for posting again!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks!))
Do not worry, everything is in order!))
Probably fell because there was a slippery stretch of road and I began to accelerate on it.
I have no other options :rolleyes:
I was lucky that both the motorcycle and I were able to continue on))

81 - 92 of 92 Posts