Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May 2018, he planned a trip around the Black Sea, along the route:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ty9QTHcy54WVSbToA6BMKwkC1-X14vRB&usp=sharing
I would be happy if someone wants to join, for the whole route or part of it.
For Georgia and Russia, if we go together, I will be in the role of guide)))
If someone has already traveled this route, write what is worth seeing, attractions, where to drop in, where an inexpensive accommodation and other tips.
A total of about 10,000 km. on time 16-20 days.money as usual is not, so the trip is an economical option.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from Moscow I leave on April 29 or 30.
If anyone decides to join on some part of the road, write)))

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally, I was ripe for writing a report, in Russian it was ready for a long time, but since I don’t know English, I couldn’t start!)
A week before the start, I received a Schengen visa.
I received at the Greek Embassy they demanded hotel reservations along the entire route, so I had to go according to the schedule, otherwise I would lose money if I did not have time for the night, since all the hotels were already paid. A visa was given only for 20 days. He prepared the motorcycle, set up new tires, and left on Saturday.
Minsk is 700 km to Belarus. so I took my time and drove almost 130-150 km / h almost the whole way
I spent the night and went to Brest in the morning, I wanted to visit the Brest Fortress, from which Germany launched the Second World War for the USSR.
On the way I drove into the museum of steam locomotives

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then he went to the fortress.
It was turned into a memorial in memory of the defenders of the fortress

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The next morning, departure to Poland is reserved.
If anyone is interested, I will continue to write further))

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04/30/18. In the morning I drove to the border, I had to get to the city of Wieliczka.
* They missed the queue on the Belarusian border without a queue, but still the crossing took almost three hours, as there was a long queue in front of the Polish border.
In Poland, the navigator laid a route through the villages, in some places the road was worse than ours, he saw many storks in the nests.
Two hours later, got on the highway, and then drove 150-170 km / h
I arrived at Wieliczka, checked into a hotel and immediately went to salt caves.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In short, the history of the mine is as follows:
The formation of the mine occurred naturally - from a salt source. Over time, the source was devastated and turned into a well, and when they scooped it all out, the first miners went down the remaining wide tunnel to the salt deposits. Salt development was carried out here from the 13th to the 20th century, the total length of the mine's galleries was about three hundred kilometers at nine underground levels, up to 327 m deep. In the 11th century, salt was mined in Wieliczka by evaporation, and in the 14th, rock salt was mined by the mine method.
The tour begins with a descent on foot to the first level to a depth of 64 meters and continues through the tunnels passing into huge rooms

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From the morning in Wieliczka until nine o’clock nobody is working on the streets at all, nothing is possible until ten, it’s impossible to have breakfast, I didn’t wait until the city wakes up, I decided to eat on the way to a gas station.
I went to Auschwitz bypassing paid sites, I drove quickly, before lunch.
I think they heard about him, I won’t write any details, just a link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_concentration_camp
In the museum you begin to think about the sanity of those who destroyed people there

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts