Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I'd like to tap into the collective wisdom and experience of the forum to get some travel ideas. I work for a company that travels to major motorcycle rallys ( ie Americade/Laconia) and sell product. This is not an advertisment, we don't really sell product for Triumphs.

One of the guys I work with has very generously offered to let me ride one of his bikes(Harley Electra Glide or BMW R1200, not sure what model) from Boston to Americade and then on to Laconia and back to Boston. I have never had the chance to ride this part of the country and I understand it's a great area to ride. What I'm looking for are suggested routes, places to see etc. I will have about 4 days free time between the two events to tour around, so any info is much appreciated.

I wish I could ride to other events, but since I live in California and most of the events are Midwest and East Coast the only event I will get to ride to will be in Reno in Sept.

On a side note if any members here would like to stop by Americade or Laconia and say high PM me and I will let you know what vendor I work for. I'm always glad to meet other Triumph guys (and gals) especially the Sprint guys on this forum.

Thanks in advance guys.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
NotSoFast:

I shamelessly stole this information from the Bennington Bash site, if for no other reason that you'll be in the area featured on your journey:

http://armchaircommando.org/bennington/BenningtonTriumphBash/Rides.html

I'm sure you will get some other suggestions, but these are some very nice routes indeed. I've ridden most of the roads shown and you will be very entertained! The rides through Vermont will be exceptional this time of year, and you can continue north east across VT into the central lakes region of New Hampshire for the Petting Zoo rally at Laconia...

denoose

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks denoose! Those are great! These will all be very tempting, I wish I had more than 4 days. I very grateful to my co-worker for giving me this opportunity to ride that area. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I don't know about all the roads up there, but it won't be too hard to find good ones. One nice route is 112 from Lincoln to Conway. It used to be total forest and likely still is. If you could get there by staying off the Interstate, I am sure you'll find some gems. Franconia Notch (hwy 3) above Lincoln is scenic as well. And while you're at it, take hwy. 16 up to Mount Washington. You can ride the eight-mile auto road to the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts