Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13 years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. I was only 32. My condition has gradually deteriorated and I'm trying to cram in a lifetime of living in a few years.
A life long dream of mine was to ride across the USA -coast to coast. So one day I was talking to a friend of mine, Spike, from LA and we decided to do it. About a year later our trip commenced. He on his black tiger and me on my silver.
We were to ride from Dawsonville to Tybee Island, get some water from the Atlantic Ocean and carry it to the Pacific Ocean, finish filling it and ultimately bottle up two oceans.
Our route took us across the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest. We picked up Rt 66 in SW Missouri and roughly followed it to Santa Monica California. What follows is the highlights of this inspirational trip.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the above picture, I'm on the left and Spike is on the right.
I commmented to him,"Well, it's all west from here". We walked to our bikes in the 80 degree weather and left for Los Angeles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife is typing this for me, my parkinson's makes it tough.

Here are a couple of pictures to catch up. This is my tiger at a small church near Dawsonville. It was a beautiful morning.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to meet Spike in Talahassee because of a shipping problem with his bike.
Here is me at the Hotel.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Savannah is a busy port and a beautiful city. We ate lunch at an Irish pub on the river front and left.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Spike at the Tennessee end of the Dragon's Tail. He could really work that tiger through the twisties.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well that's all for tonight. I'll have to see if Mrs. "heyman" will help load some more tomorrow

1 - 20 of 124 Posts