Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta buddy coming up from Tejas on his Electra glide in May for the Butler's orchard event. I was thinking about trailering the Bonny down to Pensacola riding thru Ga and then trailering both bikes back up here to Md. anyway we have at least 1ton towing capacity on our cage or i'd just rent a pickup and I was wondering if anybody could suggest a flat bed kinda thing. His bike weighs about 800 and mine is right at 500. Suggestions for vendors around here in MD, De, or Penn areas? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
home depot throws the landscaping trailers with drive up ramp back for 700-800 I have the 9x12 version it can hold 3 3 sportbikes. Should be fine for 2 bikes you just have to reverse them one facing forward on facing the rear. So the bars don't smack into one another. ou still have room left over in the back for another bike. I fit a buell in the remaining room on the back of the trailer.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have an open landscape trailer with wheel chocks but if I was going to trailer that distance, Id consider an enclosed trailer
When towing behind a car you kick up alot of dirt,road grime and rocks that land on your bike.

Erwin :hammer:

[ This message was edited by: ErwinM on 2007-02-01 14:10 ]

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I wouldn't trailer a bike ANY distance without tire channels on the trailer--whether the trailer is enclosed or not. If the trailer has a wooden floor, you can make tire channels out of 1.5" angle iron pretty cheaply, and bolt em to the trailer floor...I have even used 2X4's on my farm trailer to make temporary tire channels. :-D

Larry

·
Registered
188 Posts
I drove from boston to vegas with the home depot special. Toss a couple extra tie down on there and call it a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts