Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I saw on Trail Tech website this digital temperature gauge with fin sensor to be easily installed on any oil/water radiator alveolus: http://www.trailtech.net/digital-ga...mperature/tto-temp-meter-black-8mm-fin-sensor

I think the fin sensor is a new sensor system (because is not easy to find it on the web or ebay, except from the Trail Tech US company), that I want to install on my Bonneville T100 EFI 2012 oil radiator. Does anyone has some feedback about this temperature gauge system and how reliable would be the temperature reading with this sensor on the oil radiator location?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sancap6,

The sensor design looks like it would do a great job of accurately sensing the temp of the oil in the radiator. The sensor appears to be a conventional part that is used in many applications. To this sensor, TT has affixed a solid copper plate sized to slip into the interior of a radiator tube to a depth of ~1" by eye. Copper is a very good thermal conductor so the heat transfer should accurately reflect the temperature of the radiator (and hence the oil) out of the slipstream. The installation is shown in the manual available on the TT site; note the strong suggestion to use silicone heat transfer compound inside the tube. All in all, a nice product which should do the job. Usual disclaimers apply, not affiliated with TT, etc..

Walt

·
Premium Member
2011 Bonneville T100. 1975 Norton Commando MK3.
174 Posts
Seems like a good idea but the cost of postage to OZ is a further $57 US which is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course, living in Italy I didn't buy it on US, but on the UK distributor: http://www.trailtechproducts.co.uk/. the shipping cost to Italy is 8£; the sensor is 35,20£; so for a total price of 43,20£ (58,83 Euros) I'll get it. I ordered it yesterday. Note that maybe you won't find it on the website because is under maintenance, so send a mail to order it or to have a pro forma invoice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts