Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Good catch sincity. Another little bit and it would have been more costly!!

I was just thinking of checking my rear brakes on a ride last Sunday whilst I was trail braking through a corner. Funny what goes through your mind at the most inopportune times.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I am hoping one of those is a new one to demonstrate the difference / how worn the almost to the metal one is... if not, you have some serious issues with your rear brake calilper not 'floating' so both pads wear at a similar rate as that one pad looks brand new.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wore the stock pads out in less than 5K miles. When I was buying the replacements the parts guy correctly guessed I've ridden off-road alot in the past. Mine were about like yours when I changed them.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CaddyDaddy,

Yes, one of those is new, the other is the worn one. Both worn pads had the same thin sliver of material left on them.
Pelon, I have about 5,600 miles on the bike and was a little surprised at how fast I wore these down. When I started riding as a youngster it was indeed off-road.
Some habits are very hard to let go of!:)

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
My rear pads wear at about the same rates too. I used to do off road in my young punk days but still use my rears allot of the time especially when trail braking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts