Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to the forum, long time lurker first time poster.

I recently acquired an '04 Yami VStar 1100 black with 4k on the clock from a close friend. I rode the bike once and totally hate the seating position.

I would be willing to trade for 03-04 Bonnie or Thrux.

If your bored with your bike and want to try something different let me know.

I just think we are getting shafted by the dealers on trade in value.

This would be a great way to try out other bikes.

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just glad someone responded, I didnt want my first post to go without a reply.

Yeah I figured nobody would want to trade, just a thought.

I mean I also have a 05 Gixxer 1000 I purchased new that just sits in my garage, my 39 year old body cant ride that thing very far, but the dealer wants to give me a fraction of what I paid 4 years ago.

I bought the VStar from a friend thinking I could take that on long rides instead, guess I was wrong.

I guess I will be getting the new efi bonnie or thrux if no one wants to trade. Any suggestions on which is a better buy?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just glad someone responded, I didnt want my first post to go without a reply.

Yeah I figured nobody would want to trade, just a thought.

I mean I also have a 05 Gixxer 1000 I purchased new that just sits in my garage, my 39 year old body cant ride that thing very far, but the dealer wants to give me a fraction of what I paid 4 years ago.

I bought the VStar from a friend thinking I could take that on long rides instead, guess I was wrong.

I guess I will be getting the new efi bonnie or thrux if no one wants to trade. Any suggestions on which is a better buy?
If your Gixxer Thou is too uncomfortable to ride any distance, go for the Bonnie, as the Thruxton riding position is not a million miles away from the Gixxer. You really need to try them both. You will soon know which is for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a Triumph dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, Im just scared that I will end up with the new speed triple if I go on test rides!

Anyway, Im positive my next bike will be a Triumph, and I am looking forward to joining the Triumph community.

Very nice and courteous people on this site.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have an 08 America I was thinking about swapping for a sport bike only because I have two cruisers. Daytona 675 or Thruxton anybody?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the spirit GTORockz,

Come to think of it, I would gladly trade my 05 yellow and Black bumblebee gixxer, also with 4k thats in brand new condition, I mean not even a scratch, for a white speed triple.

A bike community as large as this one should have a yearly trade-off!

Too bad I dont have a desirable name brand like a Ducati Sport Classic to offer. I only have japanese cookie cutters! LOL!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I bought my Bonnie used, got a steal of a deal, then I started seeing pics of Thruxtons and now my Bonnie looks like the Thrux's dorky lil brother to me. Definite buyers remorse(I still find myself in the garage staring at my Bonnie tho')

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats the spirit GTORockz,

Come to think of it, I would gladly trade my 05 yellow and Black bumblebee gixxer, also with 4k thats in brand new condition, I mean not even a scratch, for a white speed triple.

A bike community as large as this one should have a yearly trade-off!

Too bad I dont have a desirable name brand like a Ducati Sport Classic to offer. I only have japanese cookie cutters! LOL!
Is that the 750 or 1000? Too bad your in Fl.. er.. too bad I'm in NC, its friggin freezing here. :eek:

I would like to see it if we were closer.

Oh, just noticed you want a speed triple.. my bad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats my dilema,

I want a bike that wont bore me in a couple of years, Triumph, Ducati, BMW, Moto Guzzi, Aprillia all jump to mind, but the Triumph seems to be the best bike for my tastes with the sport classic a close second.

The only other Jap bike I would ever consider right now would be the new VMax, but at 17 large it cant be justified.

Maybe I will put my bikes on Craigslist. If Im able, not very comp. literate, I will post pics of the two bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry GTO didnt mean to confuse.

I like the speedmaster but its the bonnie/thrux I really drool over.

Do you own a GTO and if so what year. I almost bought a new 06 Black GTO but ended up getting a Legacy GT.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry GTO didnt mean to confuse.

I like the speedmaster but its the bonnie/thrux I really drool over.

Do you own a GTO and if so what year. I almost bought a new 06 Black GTO but ended up getting a Legacy GT.

Big fan of the classic GTO's but dont own one right now.
GTO is the name of my band.

www.myspace.com/gtorockz

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had an 05 1100 V-Star and traded it in on my 07 Bonnie. Best thing I ever did. The Bonnie is faster and handles better and just plain more fun. The riding position on the V-Star was killing my old back, plus it handled like a tank in the twisties (no choice, 16 miles of them to work). I went thru 2 front tires in 14,000 miles. I can safely say my 89 goldwing could totally out corner the V-Star. I was very dissapointed in that bike. I was in hopes it performed like my old 83 920cc Virago. That was a good bike and predesessor to the Star line.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Doughnut - I bought a bonnie 3 years ago, gradually morphing it into a Bonnie Thrux.

Then 3 months ago bought a Thrux.

Loved both bikes, prefer the Thrux.

Reasons? Many differences and I have posted many times on this subject.

The 09 Thrux is a great, responsive, nimble bike and the bars are bang on.

But it depends what you are after.

If you pm me I am happy to give you the pros and cons to the nth degree. Without boring you hopefully.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
We have a Triumph dealer in Ft. Lauderdale, Im just scared that I will end up with the new speed triple if I go on test rides!

Anyway, Im positive my next bike will be a Triumph, and I am looking forward to joining the Triumph community.

Very nice and courteous people on this site.
I traded in my new 05 Speed Triple 1050 after 10 months

For a 06 Thruxton, which has undergone one or two modifications. I personally would not go back to a Speed Triple, as the Thruxton is so much fun.

I could be tempted to buy one of these (if they could sort out the fuelling!!!) Moto Morini Veloce 1200 V Twin, in addition to, but not as a replacement to the Thruxton.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure you'll find anyone willing to post.

Dee Soto - did you enjoy the bike show? Wasn't much wow factor there though!

Good to meet you, and maybe we can get some "spirited" riding in in Spring!

I might move this post to classifieds in a while, but I'll leave it here for a bit of a laugh!!!
It was really busy, last year I went friday at noon-much better. I was really hoping there would be a Street Triple R there but I didn't see one. There wasn't one was there? Overall kinda boring.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts