Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Funny thing, I am probably going to trade my Tbird next Winter. I want the new Sprint in Sunset Red. I'm still trying to arrange things fiancially to keep the TBird, but its not looking good at this stage, and they have offered a pretty handsome trade.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found myself in a similar position to you Woodsie, I just don't have the resources in time, money and space to have two Triumphs. After the Norway tour on the TBS this year I knew I needed something else for the next adventure. I really fancied a Tiger and that was that. I'll miss the old girl but with a bit of luck the new owner will find their way on here and we can keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually Spoons I've already been round the bend and back again, took some acid when I was 17 and blew my tubes out. Haven't been quite the same since :-D

I hoped you guys wouldn't be defensive about my selling the TBS, it's not as though I didn't like it, but after 60 odd bikes I'm getting used to it I suppose. I got the same stick when I sold my S4 Duc'

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album728&id=aby&op=modload&name=Photo_Album&file=index&include=view_photo.php

"whydya do that? you've put so much work into it?, etc" I'd love to have kept it and my Buell too, but I can't afford a fleet and I've always got another bike to try.

we'll a' be deid one day.

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2005-12-24 16:21, johnyC wrote:
actually Spoons I've already been round the bend and back again, took some acid when I was 17 and blew my tubes out. Haven't been quite the same since :-D

I hoped you guys wouldn't be defensive about my selling the TBS, it's not as though I didn't like it, but after 60 odd bikes I'm getting used to it I suppose. I got the same stick when I sold my S4 Duc'

"whydya do that? you've put so much work into it?, etc" I'd love to have kept it and my Buell too, but I can't afford a fleet and I've always got another bike to try.

we'll a' be deid one day.
Just kidding man...lots of happiness to you and your new love!!
Pop in once in a while and say hello!

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Enjoy the 'Tona Johny. You'll have lots of fun with it, I'm sure! Your dealer has demand for the TBS, it appears....

Yeah, when I decided I needed a Sprint ST for the long trips, I contemplated what to do with the 'Bird. I'm glad I kept it... comes in very handy as a spare on Triumph rides, and get lots more attention at bike night....

[ This message was edited by: cafetbird on 2005-12-25 08:24 ]

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I don't know if I could get rid of my TBS, Although I have thought of getting a better touring bike.

Anyway it doesn't matter what you ride drop in and see whats going on from time to time. Your always welcome here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts