Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased new in 4/2006. 24,000 miles, roadmaster windshield, leather bags, sissy bar with back rest, pillion seat and solo seat, non stock pipes, new tires and well maintained (Team Triumph in Janesville, WI) and taken care of. Have all the OEM equipment. Thinking of a 2009 Speedy similarly equipped. What do you think a good deal would be? My bike and $ how many dollars? Any suggestions?? I like the idea of the new EFI and a new bike. :confused:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Purchased new in 4/2006. 24,000 miles, roadmaster windshield, leather bags, sissy bar with back rest, pillion seat and solo seat, non stock pipes, new tires and well maintained (Team Triumph in Janesville, WI) and taken care of. Have all the OEM equipment. Thinking of a 2009 Speedy similarly equipped. What do you think a good deal would be? My bike and $ how many dollars? Any suggestions?? I like the idea of the new EFI and a new bike. :confused:
If you've ever used NADA's site then you know it's a blunt object where bikes are concerned, however:
Low Retail- $3835
High Retail-$4984
Yours will be near the high end due to all the goodies.
These prices are with the pipes & screen only as part of the result. If you want a new one, wouldn't you want to keep the lion's share of the gear you already own anyway?

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Thats gotta be retail, not trade in. trade in will be dirt cheap. I may try and trade mine instead of selling it when the Tbird arrives, and i doubt i'll get offered more than maybe $2k-2.5k for my 05 speedy.They have to resell it at a profit larger than that of a new bike to make it worthwhile for them otherwise they can just sell new. so they generally offer VERY low in order to make considerable $ on used bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Do not sell your self or your bike short, Daz.
Your bike should be purchased for absolute top dollar and placed in a museum!
:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow up to my post- Trade in Value for a 2004 Speedy

After much thinking about it, I'm keeping it. Hell, I bought it new in April of '06 with 0.6 miles, added Triumph shortie pipes, air kit, leather saddle bags, sissy bar, solo and pillion seats, did all the scheduled service by Team Triumph including brake fluid at 12K, not 24K and new plugs at 12K, crash/roll bar installed in Omaha, NE, roadmaster windshield, new 19 sproket at 12K, new tires about 20K, new brake pads in the rear at 14K and the front at the time I had the tires replaced (only to do it myself as the mechanic watched, had it first completely gone over by Team Triumph in [email protected] 6K as it was not perfectly done by the dealer I bought it from. Now I need a new chain, sprockects, 24K service for the valve check and adjustment and the fork oil check (I'll just get it replaced), and a new battery. I've done one oil change on my own so I can at least feel like I'm not a total nerd, since I have built a 550 HP FI Chev dirt racing car, 6 successful racing (go) Karts for me and then my sons, but when it comes to bikes I am scared to death to do anything but change the oil, check and lube the chain and check the tires pressure and condidtion. I must be losing my confidence in my 62 years 11 months. But I have the 790 cc hot rod engine and I love it. I may try Bonnie America Handle bars?:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Daz is correct. I talked trade-in at the local BMW shop in the DFW area and he gave a range of 2.5-3k for my 2k5 SM site unseen. It could go very low or peak out at 3k! He told me it was the "price for playing" refering to the miles I had on the bike. I am trying to sale it online and have had three e-mails but no hard hits. I am not too concerned if I keep it because the SM is the best bike in its class, imho.

fyi, I have 30k on the odometer with the basic accessories/upgrades.

fyi, both H-D and Victory gave much larger numbers for trade-in. H-D offered 3.5k and Victory offered 4.6k. Really apples to oranges comparison, however, because they have much more room to play with the numbers than the Euro bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts