Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a recommendation for tire pressure for my first track day? I have an '03 Triple and I'm running Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's. I weigh 180 pounds, and the forecast at Mid-America Raceway near Omaha, NE is 78 deg F and partly sunny.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
As you are 180 and not taking a passenger, I suggest dropping the recommended pressure by 4 psi (so 30 front 38 rear). Then as you ride, make incremental changes of 2 psi up or down until you feel comfortable. The lower psi will get you a little more grip on the sidewall but will increase heat. If you notice the tire starting to blister or slide, it's getting too hot, you need more air.

If you are really planning on dragging a knee, give it a few laps to warm up the tires or you will go for a digger!

Remember track days are not race days. Test yourself but push too hard and you can expect to replace broken parts. Smooth is better than rip on the throttle and then crush the brakes.

Have a good time.;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
i always start with 30-30 and check the tires after the first session...

if pressure increases by more than 3-4 psi, i add a couple pounds of pressure...

later,
Chris

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd consider the 2CT's to be similar to the Diablo Corsa III's, and when I ran those as track day tires my pressure was 32 32.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts