Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

Some people from work are going to a track in our area this weekend. It is strickly a drag strip w/ no oval. I am thinking about going, think it would be fun. I am curious to know if anyone has ever ran a quarter mile on thier sprint at a track and how was the experience. What kind of times were ya'll getting?

Phil

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you are TWT they do the drag strip thing about 2 or 3 times a yr. I have not been there with my ST, I did take my cbr and my gs there a few time.. only on the 8th mile. Its a blast just take the first few runs about 1/2 to get the feel of the track, then work your way up, and have fun.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I have never ridden a bike on a drag strip because I have a back problem. The yellow streak down the middle of my back will not let my hand twist the throttle far enough. :eek:

But I am interested in hearing about your results. What front sprocket will you be using? Are you going to do the 1/4 :eek:, or the 1/8th?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking forward to it. Not sure about the front sprocket setup, just got the bike a couple of weeks ago. I am thinking if I do get a chance to go I will start on the 1/8 and see how it goes.

Haven't really had a chance to see what the bike has since I got it, especially after getting a speeding ticket the first day I had the bike. The one time I was able to get on it was on a pretty windy day and I was just passing 100 and got a big gust of wind that gave me a little wobble, slowed down pretty quickly after that.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I too am interested in the results...I used to race my cars alot, but never had the pair to take the bike...maybe one of these days.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts