Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Let's see, chain lube and zip ties are all ya need to get a Norton Atlas to Mexico? Now that my head hurts, clearly he doesn't have enough whiskey.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Yea, a good bet that he'll see some banditos as he travels through the interior. :eek: At least he'll have enough stuff to bargain hes way out of troubleing when he gets stopped. With the current economic climate in Mexico he's taking a real chance of have a bad trip, especially since he's going to take many backroads. I'd rather go north thru Canada than go south.;)

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
598 Posts
He failed to pack adequate quantities Gold Bond Powder and extra drawers. I hope the Mexican doctors know how to treat acute monkey butt...unless of course one of those electrical devices can be used for instant butt repair.

·
Registered
978 Posts
AH! We're clearly dealing with a noob here!
I didn't see him packing WD-40! And where's the emergency canned chilli com carne?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Trucking

In mexico you are going to run into the little thing they call "Mordido" or, as we know it, Bribe.
don't keep all your money in one place rather scatter it in five or six or even seven places in small amounts, under $20-30. that way when you pull out some cash to bribe them with, it won't look like you have a whole lot of money. Don't ever flash a large amount of money in any circumstance if you need more, head for a bathroom or somewhere you can secretly get more bucks if you need it.
Get yourself a "secret" money carrier, there are many different ones in the Camping gear manufacturers, try Campmor, they have several, buy two, one for your waist another over your arm and across your chest.
Stash an alternate credit card somewhere just in case.
Don't drink the water. If you do get a case of Montezuma's revenge, look for "Paregoric" in the drug store, it will stop any leaks, really! It does contain Opium so don't take any across the border when you come back.
Take lots of pictures.
Meet lots of Senoritas.
Drink some of that good Mexican beer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts