Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I asked this once before, but thought I'd ask again in case someone had seen a development.

For those of you riding two-up, does your passenger have issues with the rear dresser bars digging in their calf ?

She's not happy, so I'm not happy !

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's looking like that's my only option Xchoppers. I was just wondering if anyone else with a Touring has experienced the problem.

(I don't want to remove them until my front dresser bars arrive. They were ordered with the gel seat when I bought the bike, but it looks like Triumph want to ship them together, and they can't make the seat until Bessie the cow dies of old age).

·
Registered
236 Posts
My wife and I ride two up all the time and she has never had a problem with the bars hitting her in the leg. However we have a Corbin dual tour seat which might change the seat position enough to keep her leg from hitting the bar. The other thing I did was to build a different sissy bar which moves the back rest forward about an inch and a half. The space between the backrest and the edge of the stock seat was very uncomfortable. I think that could also affect the leg space to the bar. If you want a picture let me know.

Trapper

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Trapper. I think that moving the passenger forward via your backrest would probably make the difference.

Unfortunately, at 6'7" there is no way I can bring the Chosen One further forward. (In fact I was thinking of getting Corbin to give me an extra 2" on their tour seat.)

The Chosen One isn't short (5'7"), so I'm struggling to work out why Triumph set the rear boards so low and close to the bars. Hopefully someone will release a Touring board relocation kit soon. (and maybe even one for the driver !)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts