Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a daytona 1200, im hoping to do a bit of touring in the summer but i find the riding position hard on my neck and shoulders.
is there any clip on bars i can put on to make the postion better, like more upright. i have heard about the top yoke conversion kit but i dont really want to mess around taking the fairing off as i like the look of it.
any advice appreciated.
thanks
john

:eek:

·
Banned
141 Posts
bars

i have a set of touring clipons thatt came off a 1200 trophy, will bolt on and give a more relaxed ride, they add about 4 inchs of height

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bars

that sounds great dphex, but did you have enough clearance between the trophy bars and the fairing?

cheers
john

·
Banned
141 Posts
that sounds great dphex, but did you have enough clearance between the trophy bars and the fairing?

cheers
john
the fairing on the trophy are just about the tha same as the dayona, ill send you a pic so you can see, also the set up is for sale, im parting out my trophy

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Dridgy,
I've installed a set of Convertibars on my D12 and am very satisfied with the result. They're infinitely adjustable. Their web site has photos of my bike as the example of the Daytona application
http://www.convertibars.com/ProductsBike.cfm?Action=Add&ProductID=&rebuildStruct=1&CategoryID=-1&BikeYear=1996&MakeID=77&ModelID=250&btnSubmit=+Next+Step!+

They're not cheap but they work great. Because they're so adjustable you can position them in the most comfortable spot that won't contact the fairing. I'm not sure but I think the Trophy bars will make contact with the fairing. To get the maximum height adjustment you'll need a longer brake line from the junction block to the master cylinder and a longer throttle cable off a T3 Sprint or Trophy. It's a lot of work but well worth the effort. I thought I'd be adjusting them back and forth from sport to touring position all the time but I just leave them in the touring position b/c it's so much more comfortable.

http://www.triumphrat.net/photogallery/v/member/album789/album336/album1542/

my 2 cents,
dc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts