Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would show you by Bonnie dressed up with a pair of 35 litre Touratech side cases and Parabellum windshield.

The side cases are off another bike I owned a couple years ago. Took the fixtures off then sprayed them black with truck bed lining paint.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The panniers, shield, and dual racks look surprisingly well-proportioned to the bike. I like it. I've always thought of our Bonnevilles as a modern version of the /6 BMWs. Your bike backs up this assertion pretty well...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The panniers, shield, and dual racks look surprisingly well-proportioned to the bike. I like it. I've always thought of our Bonnevilles as a modern version of the /6 BMWs. Your bike backs up this assertion pretty well...
Thanks. I based the look on an old Police Triumph motorcycle my father rode in the 60's. It had a tall windscreen and black fiberglass side cases. When I find out the old number plate registration I will add it to the front bumper plate.

·
30,309 Posts
Wow - I kind of dig the whole set up - very functional. I wouldn't personally use the scram seat because I don't think that rack is very strong, but I like what you have done there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not pretty but sure looks functional. Looks like you could go the Long Way Round with those.

How hard is it to remove them when you don't need them? What seat is that?
Touratech fiting and removal is pretty easy, there are two large threaded wheels inside the case which secure an L shaped bolt to the frame, just slacken the bolt and the bolt drops loose. The cases are very secure on the frame.
The seat is the Scrambler solo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow - I kind of dig the whole set up - very functional. I wouldn't personally use the scram seat because I don't think that rack is very strong, but I like what you have done there.
I find the scram seat to be very comfortable but I take your point about the rack that comes with seat, I would only use it for lighter items and heavier items could go on the Hepco and Becker rack or fit a Givi top case.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I like it. Bonne's make really good touring bikes. I have Hepco Becker 40l Juniors cases on mine and there's a Dunstall cafe fairing from Airtech sitting under the Christmas tree for me. Going for the R90S sport touring look.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To each their own, looks very functional to me, even if not my cup of tea..

How does that parabellum work for you at 70mph! Could you smoke a cig behind it? lol

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Looks great janner. Now all you have to do is load 'er up and disappear for 6 months!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How does that parabellum work for you at 70mph! Could you smoke a cig behind it? lol
At around 70 with no windscreen I always felt like the bike and I were trying to seperate. With the parabellum in place I can have a cup of tea and a scone whilst reading the Times.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's what I wanted to hear about the parabellum. If I ever get a bonnie I plan to get a big ol barn door of a windscreen for long cruises and cool weather riding and keep her naked the rest of the time.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not pretty but sure looks functional.
Agreed. That said, I wish I had that set up when I rode from SF Bay Area to Portland, OR (and back) in a pissin' rainstorm (as opposed to my leather saddle bags and flyscreen).

Aesthetics aside, you somehow managed to make that look work - well done, you!

TBD

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks good, janner! I like it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts