Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Touratech footrests

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jaak 
#1 ·
I want to lower the footrests on my 955 to make the riding position more comforatble

Has anyone fitted Touratech footrests? How much lower are they? How do you find them?

thanks

#4 ·
I called them yesterday (the US distributor), no news, still waiting for them to come in from Germany. Maybe you guys in Europe have better availability?
BTW, my dealer had a new Tiger in yesterday. Sat on it. Still familiar comfy riding position. Judging by the looks (less rake, 17'' front wheel, less ground clearance, lighter) - a wonderfully handling roadbike. No personality whatsoever. And two-up touring only for smaller-sized people. I'm so glad I hurried and got my 06...

#5 ·
Fellows:

I have fitted footrests for a "Buell Ulysses" to my Tiger. They are approx. 1.5" lower than stock. Works perfectly for me, and they only cost $40.00 per pair from a HD / Buell dealer. Arrived in 7 days. I had to do a little grinding on them to make them fit (they are aluminum). Pretty nice pegs, about 2" wide front to back, and 4 1/2" side to side. They pivot up just like the stock ones. I'd post a photo if I knew how!

You fellows might do a forum search for "Buell Footpegs", I saw a thread about it before I went that way.

Bob

PS: Pegs for the "Buell XB12 Lightning" also work, but are narrower.

[ This message was edited by: Fatbob on 2006-12-22 01:00 ]

#6 ·
This is a repost from an earlier item:
Ever since I got my '05 Tiger a year ago, I have not been satisfied with the ergonomics of the footpegs. I am tall, 6'5", with long legs and found I needed to rotate the shift lever down to obtain a more comfortable shift location. When I did this, I found that my boot rested at an angle on the front edge of the footpeg, rather than the top of the peg. I began to look around for an alternative and saw the post about the use of the Buell footpegs, but felt that lowering the footpeg would not solve the problem. I looked at other Triumph models and felt that the Thruxton was the best bet as the peg was angled down and the mounting was very similar. I purchased a set of Thruxton footpegs ($62/each) from my local Triumph dealer and with a little re-engineering (enlarge the bolt hole, add a dob of weld to the end tang with carefull filing) mounted the pegs. I really like the result. The riding position is more natural, I have a little more room between the footpeg and the shift lever for my boot and I have a bit more leg room. They are also a bit narrower than the stock peg which helps when moving the bike around when seated on it.

I have placed links to the before and after pictures below.

Tiger shift w/ Thruxton peg

Tiger shift w/ stock peg

Tiger brake w/ Thruxton peg

Tiger brake w/ stock peg

#7 ·
thanks for all the replys on this
I posted earlier this year asking if anyone had lowered the rests and had several very interesting replies - one had used the Buel rests, one a custom rest from germany and one the Touratech ones.

The Touratech rests look the best option for me but before I spend hard earned cash on them I wanted to know how much lower they are. The pictures on the website seem to show that they are lower and further forward which is also a good thing for me. I wondered if anyone was using them who could make useful comment? BTW Touratech say they are not any lower - which does not seem to be the case from the photoes

John

#8 ·
Bob, thanks for the tip! I cancelled the Touartech order (been waiting since september...) and ordered a pair of Buell Ulyssis pegs from the local dealer. $19 a piece!
Beforehand I googled Uly and one site had zoomed in pics of the footpegs. about 1.5'' lower/forward from the mount, while Tiger's stock pegs are flush w/ mount. They don't look as heavy duty MX pegs, but hey, they are available, cheaper and will do the job!

thanks again,

jaak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.