Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these stiff enough to use without brackets? Maybe strap to the shock or somewhere?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
5bassman...I occasionally use my Tourmaster Cruiser II slanted bags and I don't have a bracket. They are stiff bags and come with a variety of straps for mounting. I found that if you mount the bags in reverse of what would be considered the "popular" mounting position, the shocks will support the bags and keep them from rubbing on the tires.

Maybe the pic can explain better what I'm trying to say. Notice the "forward" slope of the bag as opposed to the standard slope. Wy wife likes it because she can rest her calves on the bag that way (she has knee problems). I use no straps that way other than the yoke between the bags which is mounted under the seat (bags zip on an off and the yoke stays in place). By the way, these are the medium size bags.

Shorty

[ This message was edited by: Shorty on 2006-12-14 06:00 ]

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shorty, that helps. I just bought some Drag Specialties Universal brackets at a great price so I'll probably use these but it's good to know I could do wihout them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thanks, Brooksie.

Shorty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts